Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Sir Roger hits back over circus animals hypocrisy claim

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Sir Roger hits back over circus animals hypocrisy claim

Post by Veronica »

Seriously? Someone called him out because of a scene in a movie that was filmed more than 30 years ago? People are MAD.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What the hell ! Why pick on roger Moore ? If you want millions donated hit up eon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The charge was that he had no right to speak out against the treatment of circus animals, because circus animals were used in Octopussy 30-odd years ago. As if people's views can't change over time.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The thing is Moore is the last person that deserves this kind of treatmant since he is obviously a nice,polite,well-behaved person. He has been working with UNICEF for over 20 years and now he's called out because of one bloody scene in a movie that was filmed long time ago. It's not like he had much influence when it comes to the whole thing anyway.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Plus, I think people in those days were less aware of how badly treated these animals are. Most circuses nowadays don't use performing animals, due to consumer pressure.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The charge was that he had no right to speak out against the treatment of circus animals, because circus animals were used in Octopussy 30-odd years ago. As if people's views can't change over time.
this joker was demanding Moore donate his "bond millions" to animal rights groups. And his connection I think was his uncle was moores double or something.

The charge Moore has no right to speak out is laughable so I ignored it. If you want to complain this guys family who worked for eon is more culpable than the actor who just showed up with no production input.

Obviously this is hitting roger Moore because he is a easy target and this is a easy story to get picked up. Borderline extortion, maybe not borderline.

Most circuses are failing, Ringling brothers is done, zoos struggle to exist. Mainly because of the cost of insuring their operation, next would be the cost of feeding and care.
Me guess is in another 20 years these animal rights groups will bemoan the lack of institutions to care for some of these animals which no longer will be found flourishing in the wild.

I'm not a big fan of animals like lions and elephants in captivity but not all these species thrive in the wild any more. The big cats in particular.
I'm more concerned of extinction if mankind doesn't continue preserves and habitats.
The snowflake overreaction to animals in captivity may doom some species.
I do agree about some of the cruel treatment, but imho some of it is misunderstood because these groups don't understand how big animals need to be handled.

targeting a 30 year old movie is only driven by sensationalism. Even back then Roger Moore was not a driving influence in how the movie was made, imo the fact he lent his name to help animals get better treatment over the years is what should be applauded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Not sure if I agree with Sir Rog. He is perhaps taking it too far making it too personal to essentially working class blokes doing the job to make a living. Too self-righteous by far for a man of old Hollywood.
'You can’t expect someone who chains, whips and otherwise dominates animals to behave like a gentleman.'
'incapable of moral evolution'
Animal acts have existed since ancient times because humans are fascinated with the unknown. I'm not sure these poor sods could win if the animals were held in bigger cages, heaven forbid if the tigers were allowed to roam free!
The culture has changed leaving these poor sods as relics, anyone can view a tiger by googleing it on their smartarse phone taking away from the novelty of seeing these creatures for the first time. While there are voices to protect the tigers nobody will speak up to protect the families who look after these animals. I may be wrong to my mind I see some of these acts as a way to keep the animals in care. Maybe I am way off. However it seems like too broad a brush is painting a caricature of the situation without regard for the realities. I can't agree with Sir Rog on this, althou he seems to be regurgitating the talking points just fine. Always one to get his lines right. :roll:

Maybe I should say it like this, I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly, I do not believe the handlers need to be scapegoated. Nobody is in the pocket of Big Lion, there are real people lives who need to be adjusted away from dependency on these acts and animals who will need care for the next 20 years. maybe we should fund these caretakers to watch over these animals in a safe area. Make it a national project.

Speaking of animal rights, anyone remember that cruel horse race glorified by Quantum of something? There was outrage because of the filming of that scene with promised boycotting by PETA and the rest. During the build up to release not a peep. Perhaps a sizeable donation found it's way to their coffers?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer