Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Moore nervous during Bond's gun scenes

Post by Blowfeld »

The British legendstarred as 007 for 12 years, and appeared in such classics as Moonraker, Octopussy and The Spy Who Loved Me.

However, despite guns being part of his job playing James Bond, Moore reveals he struggled to hide his nerves whenever he pulled the trigger.

When asked about the most challenging aspect of playing the secret agent, Moore says, ""Probably having to fire a gun and not blink.

""I'm a total coward so often blinked before I pulled the trigger.""

Because of his successful television shows, in particular the long-lasting series The Saint, Roger Moore was unavailable for the James Bond franchise for a considerable time. His participation in The Saint was not only as actor, but also as a producer and director, and he also became involved in developing the series The Persuaders! As Roger Moore frankly explains in his autobiography My Word Is My Bond (2008) on page 172, he had neither been approached to play James Bond in Dr. No, nor had he felt that he had been considered.

It was only after Sean Connery had declared that he would not play Bond any longer that Moore became aware that he might be a contender for the role. But after George Lazenby was cast instead and then Sean Connery played Bond again, he didn't consider the possibility until it seemed abundantly clear that Connery had in fact stepped down as Bond for good. At that point he was indeed approached and accepted the producer's offer in August 1972. Moore says in his autobiography he had to cut his hair and to lose weight, but although he resented that, he was finally cast as James Bond in Live and Let Die (1973).
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Re: Moore nervous during Bond's gun scenes

Post by Countach »

Too bad, I missed his signing of his book in Hong Kong sometimes ago. I would have love to meet my hero!
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Yeah, Moore is not too keen on guns, and his Bond was never the type to just run around blasting away at everything, he usually just engages in fisticuffs.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Outside a battle field guns are not the first weapon of choice. using hand to hand would be what a fictional agent should go with first.
............ :007:
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

Omega wrote:Outside a battle field guns are not the first weapon of choice. using hand to hand would be what a fictional agent should go with first.
Or using his years of experience and his wit to outsmart/overcome any adversaries without having to resort to arms. Anyway, I always prefer Moore as Bond!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Countach wrote:
Omega wrote:Outside a battle field guns are not the first weapon of choice. using hand to hand would be what a fictional agent should go with first.
Or using his years of experience and his wit to outsmart/overcome any adversaries without having to resort to arms. Anyway, I always prefer Moore as Bond!
Out smarting the enemy give us a unfair advantage so if was removed from our rules of engagement. I'm sure it'd be the same for Bond :lol:
............ :007: