Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Roger Moore: Gambling got me Bond part

Post by Blowfeld »

Cover)- EN Movies - Sir Roger Moore says his penchant for gambling secured him the role of James Bond.

The British actor has appeared in seven of the popular secret agent films and is the longest-serving Bond star, having spent 12 years portraying the suave spy.

Before securing the coveted part, Roger appeared in a number of successful TV shows, including the long-lasting series The Saint.

Roger says his love for gambling at the time struck a chord with Bond producers.

“When I was in The Saint I thought I was Bond and gambled. The producers thought I’d be a good replacement,” he smiled in an interview with BBC Breakfast.

Roger is currently starring in A Princess for Christmas, which premiered on the Hallmark Channel earlier this month. The 84-yearold star says the festive movie was a welcome change from his high octane action films.

“There’s no bombs, no explosions and no-one gets a disease,” he said, referring to the dramatic Bond storylines. “This is a happy story.”

In the early 1950s, Roger worked as a male model, appearing in print advertisements for knitwear which earned him the amusing nickname ‘The Big Knit’. The star laughs when he thinks of his early reputation, given to him by a fellow British actor.

“Only Sir Michael Caine!” he laughed.

Roger has enjoyed an illustrious film and television career. He is shocked when he thinks about how long it has spanned.

“It’s further than I can count,” he quipped.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Re: Roger Moore: Gambling got me Bond part

Post by shaken not stirred »

Nowdays to be bond you need to be the object of some piggys affection or lust and not someone that looks right for the role...acting ability...looking the part...pssh we don't do that in brocolli country :twisted: ..nope we grow turnips..we also put them in suits as well and put them in drag..maybe someday that turnip will win an oscar and later run for parliment. :P .

Moore got picked for all the right reasons, wish there was a time machine to turn things back and get the real brocolli back, not some woman almost bordering on stalker with her obsessiveness over her employee.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Teelerb
New Recruit

Post by Teelerb »

Patsy is wrong...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote: The British actor has appeared in seven of the popular secret agent films and is the longest-serving Bond star, having spent 12 years portraying the formerly suave spy.
Fixed.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig