All Moore Related News
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Roger Moore brings James Bond tales to Huntington

Post by Goldeneye »

News Day
BY VALERIE KELLOGG
November 6, 2008
Roger Moore made seven James Bond films - more than any other actor who played 007. And he's lived to tell all in his new autobiography, "My Word Is My Bond" (Collins, $27.95). When Moore, 81, appears Saturday at Book Revue in Huntington to sign copies, he may not tell what he thinks of the newest Bond, Daniel Craig, who stars in the upcoming "Quantum of Solace." Moore writes in the book that when asked about subsequent Bond films, his answer is always the same: "Sorry, I've never seen them. That saves lying!" But he more than likely will talk about his career highlights as 007:

His first injury filming a Bond movie. While shooting the speedboat chase in New Orleans for 1973's "Live and Let Die," Moore cracked his front teeth and twisted his knee after accidentally steering into a wood boathouse. "There I was, a fearless 007, hobbling on a cane to my boat and then pretending to be indestructible for the cameras," he writes. "Who says I can't act?"

Bond, sweet Bond. Producers wanted Moore to "toughen up" his Bond for "The Man With the Golden Gun" (1974). "I think it's most evident in the scenes I had with Maud Adams, where I twisted her arm and threatened - rather coldly - to break it unless she told me what I wanted to know," Moore writes. Moore didn't like that, suggesting that his Bond would have charmed the information out of her. "My Bond was a lover and a giggler."

His favorite Bond film. "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977), about an evil plot to create an underwater world. Moore writes that it "suited my style and my persona."

Bad breath on "Moonraker" set. For his role in 1979's "Moonraker," Moore imagined that Jaws actor Richard Kiel had bad breath. "You'll see I looked mildly repulsed whenever I'm in a scene with a baddie," Moore says of the technique he had developed while making Bond films.

Those Bond gadgets didn't really work.

Remember when Bond uses his "magnetic watch" to unzip an Italian agent's dress in "Live and Let Die"? Thank a special effects technician for making it work, Moore writes, by fixing a metal wire inside the dress and to the back of her zipper, then placing his head inside her dress and gently pulling as Moore ran his watch down her back and he said the line: "Sheer magnetism."WHAT Roger Moore signs copies of his new autobiography, "My Word Is My Bond."

WHEN|WHERE 7 p.m. Saturday at Book Revue, 313 New York Ave., Huntington.

INFO Free, but you must buy a book

to get it signed; 631-271-1442 or bookrevue.com
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Roger Moore brings James Bond tales to Huntington

Post by Dr. No »

dear roger. dear, dear roger. (Shakes head in sympathy)
My Bond was a lover and a giggler
Are you Gemma Arterton's great, great grandpa? ;)

Roger Moore is sadly throwing himself out there and again and again in a need for attention. I like him but his recent behavior make me worried about him.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I don't blame him in a way..I mean he's 81...how many years has he got left in him?Might as well enjoy it even if he comes off as a bit-hell, a LOT- doddering.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

He has just released his biography. Maybe it's a British thing. He is a national icon here, and people are pleased to hear him talk about his bio.

IMO he looks and sounds great for 80. He is being nice to Daniel Craig. So what? Did you expect him to say: "I can't stand old rubber features". :lol:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Roger Moore is sadly throwing himself out there and again and again in a need for attention. I like him but his recent behavior make me worried about him.
What, promoting a book?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

I sat in Barnes and Noble and thumbed through Rog's book.It's a great read-he should have written his autobiography a LONG time ago,IMO 8)
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:He has just released his biography. Maybe it's a British thing. He is a national icon here, and people are pleased to hear him talk about his bio.

IMO he looks and sounds great for 80. He is being nice to Daniel Craig. So what? Did you expect him to say: "I can't stand old rubber features". :lol:
I don't care what he has to say about Craig. haven't paid it the slightest attention. I would be shocked if Roger came out and slammed anybody. He's not that kind of guy.

I'm embarrassed for him, last year he was begging, i;ll say it again Begging Connery to work with him, shamelessly reminding producers was was still alive and looking for work.

Now his book tour is degrading him further.

I like Roger Moore, not my favorite Bodn but I grew up with him and enjoy his Bond. I know people who adore his Bond above all others and he was the image we all had of Bond on the school yards playing games. To see him like this is saddening.

He is like the old head of an old manner who take stock of teh situation before he dies sees his kingdom is in need of repair with no money to do it . The kids had squandered their inheritance already and he knows as soon as he's goen the estate will be picked a part so he's scrambling like made to make some money and reestablish his fame.

Maybe I'm wrong about how I see it, but it is embarrassing to watch whatever the reason
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

[quote="Dr. No"I don't care what he has to say about Craig. haven't paid it the slightest attention. I would be shocked if Roger came out and slammed anybody. He's not that kind of guy.[/quote]You must have missed this headline then;Roger Moore dislikes the more violent James Bond
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Didin't miss it I just don't care. He could come out and denounce craig as a fraud and it wouldn't matter to me.

I like the guy but i am embarrassed by his pleading for attention. He deserves better IMHO