Brosnan to voice Thomas the Tank Engine..

All Brosnan Related News
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Brosnan to voice Thomas the Tank Engine..

Post by carl stromberg »

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_1 ... 3407d.html

Brosnan makes Tank Engine cool

Suave James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan will bring a touch of cool to children's TV as the new voice of Thomas the Tank Engine.

The Hollywood star will take over as the latest celebrity to narrate the children's favourite following in the footsteps of rocker Ringo Starr and the longest running voice of Thomas, Michael Angelis.

Pierce, 54, said: "One of my fondest memories as a father was sharing the stories of Thomas the Tank Engine and watching the series with my children when they were young.

"I am thrilled by the opportunity to be the narrator for this beloved series, following in the shoes of so many famous names, and helping introduce Thomas and friends to many more generations of children."

HIT Entertainment, who produce the programme seem sure that Brosnan will prove a success with the younger generation, signing the star up to a three year, three series and three DVD deal.

The company's chief executive Bruce Steinberg said: "To say we are thrilled that Pierce Brosnan is the new narrator of Thomas & Friends is an understatement."

He continued: "Pierce brings a wealth of acting experience to the role, as well as a unique voice that children and parents around the world will recognise and trust.

"Pierce's contribution will go a long way in maintaining this iconic character as one of the most loved children's brands in the world."

The popular show has been syndicated to 140 countries and Brosnan's voice can be heard next year in all of the English speaking ones.
Bring back Bond!