For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Brosnan’s brand-new ‘Bag’

Post by Blowfeld »

‘Remington Steele’ star returns in Stephen King miniseries

By JILL RACHEL JACOBS

Last Updated: 8:27 AM, December 11, 2011

Posted: 6:47 PM, December 10, 2011
Two decades have passed since Pierce Brosnan starred on ABC as Remington Steele. Now the 58-year-old actor, best known for his role as James Bond, returns to television as best-selling novelist, Mike Noonan, in Stephen King’s, “Bag of Bones.” The four-hour miniseries is set to air Sunday and Monday, Dec. 11 and 12, on A&E, at 9 p.m.

As a grieving widower, Brosnan’s character is close to the actor’s own experience — his first wife, actress Cassandra Harris, died 1991.

Noonan is faced with a series of Stephen King-esque dilemmas and conundrums, permeated by dreams, hauntings and a custody battle, after he returns to the lakehouse property he shared with his late wife in an isolated setting in Maine.

There he is guided by a series of ghostly visits from his wife as mysterious secrets from the past and present collide in this King thriller.

Q: How did you prepare to play the part of an author who suffers from writer’s block after losing his wife in a terrible tragedy?

A: I think that the life of an artist, actor and writer share many similarities, so I understood the needs and desires of that character and what it feels like to lose your way with your talent. Being a widower, I certainly experienced that tragedy of life, so I was able to identify with that experience.

Q: Your legions of female fans will be pleased to learn that you’re in nearly every scene of this physically demanding role. Did you do your own stunts?

A: Yes, I did some of my own stunts and there was a wonderful stunt man named Rene who took the fall off the rock and leap off the ladder. I used to jump into the fray quite a bit, but one pays a price over the years if you’re an actor who likes doing stunts like I have. Being in every scene every day was the marathon of it. Director Mick Garris was a wonderful man to be in the trenches with. He’s very seasoned and much loved by Stephen King.

Q: Not surprisingly, the first night of the miniseries ends with a cliffhanger. What do you think will bring audiences back for a second night?

A: Stephen King is a masterful storyteller. I think that’s why his work is always held in such high esteem, because he manages to include topics of fantasy and racism and embroiders the story with such layered storytelling amidst all the shock and gore horror of it all. I just want people to enjoy the first night of the series and leave saying, “I can’t wait for tomorrow night. I wonder what’s going to happen.”

Q: People may be surprised to learn that you’re an accomplished painter/artist. Who are some of your influences?

A: I have put some of my work on display, but it’s fairly private. As a young man in my teens, I started as a commercial artist, and I have always had a studio in the house. I work mostly in acrylics, oils, landscapes and I have been strongly influenced by the impressionists, Picasso, Matisse. Art is something that is quite personal. It’s a great form of relaxation for me.

Q: You once said “Fame is like a big piece of meringue — it’s beautiful and you keep eating it, but it doesn’t really fill you up…” Does this metaphor still hold true?

A: As a young man starting out you strive for success come under the guise of fame. I always wanted to be the best at what I do for myself and to honor the work, the artists, the writers the directors. My success all comes from hard work, good timing and any bit of talent you can pull out of your back pocket and polish and make something of it. I love what I do now as much as when I was 24.

Q: Sequels are all the rage these days. Do you ever think you’ll reprise your role as James Bond or Remington Steele?

A: There’s only one Bond and that’s Daniel Craig. Dan has got the mantle and carries it with such grace and style and passion. For me, there are a few stories about the world of espionage that I am exploring and hope to get off the ground, because it’s still a fertile territory.

Q: So no “Mrs. Doubtfire” in your future?

A: There’s only one “Mrs. Doubtfire.” That story’s been told.

Q: To many, you’ll always be best remembered for your role as James Bond. Has this been a curse or a blessing?

A: It’s definitely a blessing to be part of a small group of men who have performed this role, and I will always be grateful to be part of that franchise. It was life-changing for me, so I will always remain grateful.

BAG OF BONES

Tonight & Monday, 9 p.m., A&E

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... Om7GQhQwI/
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Re: Brosnan’s brand-new ‘Bag’

Post by James »

Dreadful reviews for this. I read some on AIC.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Pierce deserves a lot better than this. His works either get not-so-good reviews or don't get the recognition they deserve or both. His highest peak was GoldenEye, which was both a financial and critical success. After that, none of his works captured this success. Thomas Crown came close but only attracts mainly the mature audiences. His 3 Bonds surpassed GE's numbers, but critically, they are not as good as GE. Everything else, like I said, either get not-so-good reviews or don't get the recognition they deserve.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

James wrote:Dreadful reviews for this. I read some on AIC.
It is Steven King what else can we expect.

It got so decent reviews with hope that part two is a little better. Have you seen it FBF?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I still need to see it myself. It can't be worse than I Don't Know How She It.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Brosnan needs a taken sytle film, fbf yeah he does deserve a lot more recogition and it's a shame that stephen king's once again done a bad film.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I saw the ad s but we are not big on horror
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

The Stephen King one with Tim Curry as the clown was good. No idea what that was called at the moment. Salem's Lot scared a lot of people when it was first on television too.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I don't know why Pierce is given these films that ended up bad. His last 3 Bonds not capturing the greatness of GE was bad enough, not to mentioned his singing in Mamma Mia. Well, at least Pierce keeps himself busy to prove his craft.

I was hoping Bags of Bones would boost his career, but as with his post-Bond career in film, his return to TV is no different. The Ghost Writer is very well done but received no attention from the Oscars. Like BJ said, his agents seem to let him down.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe he should sleep with Boar-bara so she would get her mind off DC and RE-focus on Pierce. :lol: She dumped Pierce poorly and his handlers have not done him justice. Why not get a role like Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive and US Marshals? Playing centaurs on HBO looks desperate for an actor.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

HBO? What HBO?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Some greek mythology film they played this year.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Some greek mythology film they played this year.
That was a theatrically released film, though. It wasn't made for TV.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I know, but it was all over HBO. He had no business playing that role.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Getting himself busy and proving his craft is one thing, and this is good though, but this alone is not enough. The other thing is doing great films (and TV series) that receive a whole a lot of attention, and this is something Pierce lacks, especially after Bond. As said before, The Matador and The Ghost Writer are great, but they don't get the recognition they deserve even though Pierce himself got a Golden Globes nomination for the former.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I know, but it was all over HBO. He had no business playing that role.
He was probably glad of a role in what was intended to be a huge blockbuster movie, even though it didn't turn out that way.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:I know, but it was all over HBO. He had no business playing that role.
He was probably glad of a role in what was intended to be a huge blockbuster movie, even though it didn't turn out that way.
I hoping Percy Jackson would clean up his act in Mamma Mia, but it didn't. It got not-so-good reviews but not mentioned gross lower than $100 million in the US.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Some greek mythology film they played this year.
That was a theatrically released film, though. It wasn't made for TV.
He was great in that role! Reading the books he is the perfect Chiron. The movie didn't do the books justice neither did the kids cast, but Pierce, Sean bean, uma and the others were great.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

He will be standing next to Cr-egg at the big 50th reunion gala in October at the Bond 23 premiere in the UK. I hope he looks better than DC.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:He will be standing next to Cr-egg at the big 50th reunion gala in October at the Bond 23 premiere in the UK. I hope he looks better than DC.
This man would look better than DC :twisted: :