Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

The name's Fox, Silver Fox! Effortlessly cool Pierce Brosnan

Post by Blowfeld »

The name's Fox, Silver Fox! Effortlessly cool Pierce Brosnan, 58, still turns heads in leathers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... hers.html/

By Nadia Mendoza

Last updated at 1:42 PM on 16th November 2011
He may be two years shy of 60, but Pierce Brosnan is still turning heads.

Albeit this time, an ageing pensioner clinging onto her walking frame.

The Hollywood star was busy running errands in Beverly Hills when he caught the eye of an elderly lady who spun around for another look.

Dressed in his leather jacket, black jeans and shades, Brosnan sauntered down the street without a care in the world.

More...

Babe always in arms: Victoria Beckham is inseparable from living doll baby Harper... as she totes her around New York
I'm A Celebrity 2011: Freddie Starr leaves the jungle as his worried young girlfriend waits to welcome him home

The 58-year-old may have surrendered his 007 crown to Daniel Craig, but he still had the swagger and cool suave of a secret agent.

Since bidding farewell to alter ego James Bond, Brosnan has starred in slightly less demanding films this year.

He joined forces with Sarah Jessica Parker for comedy I Don't Know How She Does It, while also taking on a role in Salvation Boulevard with Hollywood beauties Jennifer Connelly and Marisa Tomei.
Swagger: Pierce looks relaxed and happy to smile for photographs as he runs errands in California

Swagger: Pierce looks relaxed and happy to smile for photographs as he runs errands in California

But after making the female population weak at the knees in four of the iconic titles, including GoldenEye in 1995 and Die Another Day in 2002, the family man says he is happy to leave Bond duties to his sons now.

He said: 'I never go near them. I'm badly criticised by my boys that I will not sit and watch them with them, but I just don't have any desire to see them.

'I find no nourishment in them. I don't find any comfort in watching them.'

He added: 'I'll cast my eye over them, but I have to move away and say, "Go ahead, boys. It's all yours."'

Next year will see mark the movie franchise's 50th anniversary with the latest film Skyfall, starring Craig and directed by Sam Mendes.

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... hers.html/
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: The name's Fox, Silver Fox! Effortlessly cool Pierce Bro

Post by Blowfeld »

Second story like this, I am unsure if he means he will not watch his movies as they imply or if he will not watch the new Action Bourne movies, which we know he does not.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I think they are making fun of him with the old lady remark. Plenty of actors can't stand to watch themselves Pierce also has the furstration of knowing he didn't get to finish what he started.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:Plenty of actors can't stand to watch themselves Pierce also has the furstration of knowing he didn't get to finish what he started.
Those minions said that he can't handle a tough and gritty Bond. Because Pierce never had the chance to so, regular action flicks (something similar to the ones Liam Neeson did recently) would allow him to prove them wrong.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Pierce will do something like The Rock sooner or later, Connery didn't jump in actions films for along time, he did what Pierce is doing.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:Pierce will do something like The Rock sooner or later, Connery didn't jump in actions films for along time, he did what Pierce is doing.
After Bond, Pierce had one great drama (The Ghost Writer) and one great comedy (The Matador). He needs a great one in the action realm. In fact, he totally deserves this.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:I think they are making fun of him with the old lady remark.
I didn't get that impression. I think they were just reporting an amusing incident that the reporter witnessed. When the Daily Mail has the knives out for someone, believe me, you'll know about it. They are notorious for their vindictive bullying campaigns against anyone they take a dislike to, whether it's a politician whose views they disagree with or a comedian who dares to make a joke at their expense,
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:I think they are making fun of him with the old lady remark.
I didn't get that impression. I think they were just reporting an amusing incident that the reporter witnessed. When the Daily Mail has the knives out for someone, believe me, you'll know about it. They are notorious for their vindictive bullying campaigns against anyone they take a dislike to, whether it's a politician whose views they disagree with or a comedian who dares to make a joke at their expense,
You are probably right when I saw the picture with it I thought they were being critical.