Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Christina Hendricks: James Bond Visa Commercial In 1997

Post by Blowfeld »

News broke this week that a young French actress may be the new Bond Girl in the upcoming, Sam Mendes-directed "Bond 23." If true, it will launch 23-year-old Bérénice Marlohe to immediate stardom, and hey, perhaps she's got the chops to become a global icon. But if you ask us (we're awaiting a call, Mr. Mendes), we'd love to see the role go to an actress who has already spent a few fleeting moments on-screen with 007.

Before she was an Emmy nominee for "Mad Men," a two-timing criminal in "Drive," a con artist in "Firefly," an experimental teen in "Undressed" or, well, anything else, Christina Hendricks starred in a Visa Check Card commercial with Daniel Craig's Bond predecessor, Pierce Brosnan. She even puts on a British accent for the occasion, which is alternatively amazing and ridiculous.

In a bit of irony, she co-starred with Brosnan in last month's "I Don't Know How She Does It," which was seen by far fewer people than this thirty-second commercial from the late 90s. [BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
[video][/video]
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Christina Hendricks: James Bond Visa Commercial In 1997

Post by Dr. No »

Oh now that was great ad even had Q. I miss that guy he was on of the thigns I loved best about Bond and it is so sad see how fall Bond has fallen from being fun family kind of outing to a depressing bleak rampage.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Christina Hendricks: James Bond Visa Commercial In 1997

Post by Kristatos »

But...I don't understand. Why wasn't Pierce dressed as a woman, the way Bond actors are supposed to when doing commercials?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig