Brosnan lands TV Deal

All Brosnan Related News
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Brosnan lands TV Deal

Post by Goldeneye »

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1135314p1.html
James Bond TV
The world famous spy is becoming an international P.I.

Pierce Brosnan, heading back to the small screen.

Deadline's got the scoop about 007 himself, Pierce Brosnan, heading back to the small screen.

Brosnan is now attached to star in a new project, that Deadline speculates will be picked up directly to series, which will mark the first TV series the actor has been in since NBC's Remington Steele - 23 years ago. This new show, thriller from veteran ER writer-producer Jack Orman and Sony Pictures Television, is based on the real-life experiences of international PI Logan Clarke, head of the Los Angeles-based Clarke International Investigations, will center on a "fixer," private investigator specializing in international crisis innervations who is called in to help solve homicides, abductions, financial schemes and other crimes anywhere in the world.
katied

Re: Brosnan lands TV Deal

Post by katied »

It sounds interesting. Better than a lot of the stuff that's on TV right now..especially the shows that make you wonder "how the hell did that get approved?( S*** My Dad Says is a good example of this. :down:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

It would nice to see Pierce beyond his Steele persona on TV.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It'll be hard to shake the perception that this represents a comedown for him, though. I know TV is not considered cinema's poor relation the way it once was, but I bet the Church of Craig will be popping the champagne corks anyway.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

They should have gone with the source of the story, this isn't Brosnan landing a TV gig this is his production company getting a prestigious deal in which he may have a small role on screen from time to time. Sounds like Sony wants to syndicate it first which may be the death of the series right there. Legend of the Seeker supported by Disney couldn't sustain 2 seasons. No matter, it is a good get for team Brozza. If he produces a well crafted show nobody else would touch it will add to his star and his prestige in the right circles. Craig would kill for the kind of press Borzza got this year, he doesn't think people take him seriously and they don't. They know what he is and how he got his job and what he'll do to get more work. He is the only actor out there claiming to be such a talent, whose CGI computer generated characters have more depth, emotion and range. :twisted:
Pierce Brosnan is returning to television with an investigative thriller from veteran ER writer-producer Jack Orman and Sony Pictures Television that will likely go straight to series. Orman has written a pilot script for the ex-007's project, which Sony is shopping to international broadcasters with the goal to land pre-sales elsewhere before taking it to U.S. networks. The untitled drama centers on a "fixer," private investigator specializing in international crisis intervention who is called in to help solve homicides, abductions, financial schemes and other crimes anywhere in the world. It is largely based on the real-life experiences of international PI Logan Clarke, head of the Los Angeles-based Clarke International Investigations. Producer Keri Selig started things off on the project when she took Clarke to Irish DreamTime, Brosnan's production company with Beau St. Clair. Brosnan, St. Clair and Selig will executive the series with Orman. Brosnan won't play the lead but is expected to have a smaller role on the show in the vein of Hugh Jackman's involvement on Viva Laughlin, which also was produced by Sony TV. Brosnan's only previous major TV series gig was his starring role on the 1982 NBC adventure dramedy Remington Steele. Last season, Orman wrote the Sony TV-produced pilot Matadors at ABC. Brosnan and Orman are with CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/sony-tv ... e-brosnan/
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I was hoping Brosnan would take the lead, but at least he's an executive producer of the show.
Kokopelli
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The World Is Not Enough, You Only Live Twice
Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard Movies, Harry Potter Movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Kingdom of Heaven, Elizabeth & Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Post by Kokopelli »

I miss the old Remington Steel days. It would be a treat to have him on TV every week.

What I liked about Brosnan's Bond was he in real life was like the Bond character. By that I mean I always saw Bond as a regular guy in extraordinary situations he could act posh and pass as high society parties but at his heart he knew this was not who he was still he puts on the tux knowing he serves a higher purpose because he is serving his country. At the parties he saw the people for who they were from the villains to the damsels in need of saving. To me Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan best demonstrate this because they are regular guys who don't mind a days work but also know how to enjoy themselves and know they are lucky to be doing what they are doing. Roger Moore I thought was too posh. Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby did not connect for me and Craig is an ape in a suit who thinks everyone in the room owes him something. I could do with a little more Brosnan in my life. Everybody's take on James Bond is different this is mine from being a fan of James Bond for more years than I care to say.
"Crooked is the back of fate."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

It would be nice to see Pierce taking the lead in a critically successful big project once again.....something he hasn't had since GoldenEye.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

He had every Bond film since GE. He is doing great I don't know what more we could ask of him take look at Connery's filmography he made at lot of duds before he got any kind of acclaim for his acting chops Pierce is well ahead o fhim on this front.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:He had every Bond film since GE. He is doing great I don't know what more we could ask of him take look at Connery's filmography he made at lot of duds before he got any kind of acclaim for his acting chops Pierce is well ahead o fhim on this front.
Of all the highly commercial projects he did since after GoldenEye, none of them were as classy as that, and Pierce deserves better than this.