Does Pierce Brosnan want to be James Bond again?

All Brosnan Related News
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Does Pierce Brosnan want to be James Bond again?

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Pierce's non-Bond career has FAR exceeded CR-egg's and it looks like that trend will now continue.
Pierce deserves an action blockbuster (non-Bond) that would blow GE out of the water. I would very much like to see him venture into non-Bond action roles.
FBF, ever wish Shatner was in a Bond film to some extent?
A cameo is fine.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:Bizzare thinking? Sanity? With Cr-egg in the role you jest, don't you? Brosnan's acting in DAD was fine. He looked the part of Bond, the story stunk after the title song, but I can watch it. CR-egg's influence affected QOS and as the leading man, he takes a HUGE hit for that trashy rubbish of a Bond film. Eon is to blame as well, but you divorce him from this monstrosity of a failure and deem him probably 10% the problem, with Broccoli 90% the problem. To me, it's 50/50 with QOS. Craig never once said he did not like the script and wanted a different direction, did he? In fact, he praised it after it was completed.
Likewise, I recall Brozza-yawn being happy with DAD, both during filming and on its release.

BJ, we are never going to agree on Craig. To me, he was the only decent thing in QoS. Any problems I had were to do with the film itself. Not Craig.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

He should do it now and the Topkapi Affair would prove it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Bizzare thinking? Sanity? With Cr-egg in the role you jest, don't you? Brosnan's acting in DAD was fine. He looked the part of Bond, the story stunk after the title song, but I can watch it. CR-egg's influence affected QOS and as the leading man, he takes a HUGE hit for that trashy rubbish of a Bond film. Eon is to blame as well, but you divorce him from this monstrosity of a failure and deem him probably 10% the problem, with Broccoli 90% the problem. To me, it's 50/50 with QOS. Craig never once said he did not like the script and wanted a different direction, did he? In fact, he praised it after it was completed.
Likewise, I recall Brozza-yawn being happy with DAD, both during filming and on its release.

BJ, we are never going to agree on Craig. To me, he was the only decent thing in QoS. Any problems I had were to do with the film itself. Not Craig.
That's why you and I get along so well. We achieve detente yet have 100% divergent views on CR-egg. :cheers:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

That's why you and I get along so well. We achieve detente yet have 100% divergent views on CR-egg. :cheers:
I'll drink to that..... :cheers:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:He should do it now and the Topkapi Affair would prove it.
That and something new in the action movie territory. He deserves an action blockbuster that will destroy GE in terms of reviews and box office returns.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

GE was a good film. If it is better, that would be fine.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:GE was a good film. If it is better, that would be fine.
If not a 5th Brosnan Bond, the best bet we have is a regular Brosnan action blockbuster........something like Connery's The Rock. If TC 2 is to be made into action movie, that's fine with, but I would like see him ventured into much darker and grittier action roles. Hopefully he will have a action blockbuster that will be a definite alternative to his 5th Bond or perhaps more than that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Moore and Connery did too many Bond films. Brosnan did not do enough. If he started in the mid 80s, he could have done 10 Bond films and I bet all would have done well. Brosnan in LTK would have been interesting, don't you think?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:If he started in the mid 80s, he could have done 10 Bond films and I bet all would have done well.
I wish it was like that. Got to admit though.
Brosnan in LTK would have been interesting, don't you think?
Pierce did want to do a gritty Bond himself so it would be interesting, but he'll still fell victim of the 6-year gap. The question is did he want to do a gritty Bond ever since before Moore retired after AVTAK?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:If he started in the mid 80s, he could have done 10 Bond films and I bet all would have done well.
I wish it was like that. Got to admit though.
Brosnan in LTK would have been interesting, don't you think?
Pierce did want to do a gritty Bond himself so it would be interesting, but he'll still fell victim of the 6-year gap. The question is did he want to do a gritty Bond ever since before Moore retired after AVTAK?
I don't know if anybody knows that wasn't on the team back then. When Pierce came on board they had TLD in the pipeline, judging from the way Timothy played it they were looking to turn away from the comedic Roger Moore era. Fairly well established that from GoldenEye on Pierce wanted to do a little more with 007 than his predecessors. For whatever reason it wasn't allowed. I don't know how a young Pierce would have felt after TLD and moving on. He might have been to young and green to know what he wanted to do.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer