Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Brosnan’s star power on rise with flurry of new films

Post by Blowfeld »

By Stephen Schaefer
Saturday, February 27, 2010 - Updated 5h ago

BERLIN - It’s shaping up to be a good year for Pierce Brosnan fans. The 56-year-old actor is in no less than four movies this season - the recent “Percy Jackson and the Olympians,” in which he plays a centaur; “The Ghost Writer”; next month’s “The Greatest,” which teams him with Susan Sarandon; and “Remember Me,” with “Twilight” star Robert Pattinson.

He refers to the last two as “bookends.”

“In both I’m a grieving father. One is from Brooklyn, a very high-powered businessman and distant from the grief and the death. The other is a mathematician with a wife and a middle-class life, who is desperately coping with the loss of his son,” he said.

First up, though, is “The Ghost Writer,” in which he plays Adam Lang, a former British prime minister who hires a writer to complete his memoirs, an act which uncovers secrets and a web of deceit.

The thriller won Roman Polanski a Best Director award at the recent Berlin Film Festival.

Ex-PM Lang, a Tony Blair-style politician, lives in a protective bubble, surrounded by a security squad and flanked by assistants - including a mysterious blonde (Kim Cattrall) who may be his mistress.

Brosnan laughed at the idea he might live similarly.

“Good God, no! I live a normal life - at home,” he said of his Malibu residence. “I get up and take the boys to school, walk the dog, jog, do a bit of a workout. Boring workouts.”

The father of two boys in his current marriage to Keely Shaye Smith, he has three children, including 26-year-old actor Sean from his first marriage to Cassandra Harris, who died in 1991.

“I try to maintain some kind of semblance of life,” he said. “Outside of work, I read, paint and pick the boys up from school.”

But still, he is James Bond.

“I was James Bond - but once James Bond always James Bond. It’s a small group of men now who have played this character and I have nothing but gratitude for that time in life.”

“The Ghost Writer” opens Friday.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Brosnan’s star power on rise with flurry of new films

Post by Dr. No »

he has some good films coming out. Has any one seen the Lighting Thief? I kinda want to take the kids to it but I don't want have to walk out if it gets too scary for them. Probably a DVD rental for us.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:he has some good films coming out. Has any one seen the Lighting Thief? I kinda want to take the kids to it but I don't want have to walk out if it gets too scary for them. Probably a DVD rental for us.
There are several good websites for parents that can help give you an idea of what to expect. Check out http://www.screenit.com or http://www.pbbfc.co.uk.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Thanks Kris. It has pretty good ratings so far. It such a bother top get everyone to the theater I just have reservations because I don't know the film series. Some of teh greek mythology can be freaky
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.