X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Brosnan Updates Status of Thomas Crown Affair Sequel

Post by Omega »

I've been wanting to see this one for years. Get on it already
EXCL: Pierce Brosnan's Thomas Crown Sequel Update
Source:Edward Douglas
February 5, 2010

Actor Pierce Brosnan is going to be around a lot in the coming months with key roles in a number of films including Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer and the romantic drama Remember Me. At the junket for Chris Columbus' fantasy-adventure epic Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, in which Brosnan plays a centaur named Chiron, ComingSoon.net asked him if he had any update on the proposed sequel to his 1999 thriller The Thomas Crown Affair, last mentioned almost two years ago, to be based on the 1964 Peter Ustinov film Topkapi and Eric Ambler's novel "Light of Day."

The last word was that Paul Verhoeven might direct and that Angelina Jolie would co-star with Brosnan, so we quickly asked the actor if there was any progress on the sequel.

"We've got the fourth script in and this is the closest we've gotten in structure to making sense," he told us. "It's very very hard. Now we have the character, it's not really fleshed out, so we have to work on him, Mr. Crown, and her, Miss Moore*, another affair, more art, but it has to be an unexpected surprise."

(*Note: We might have misunderstood the name he mentioned but it seems like this might be the new character that reportedly Angelina Jolie was once attached to play.)

Brosnan has been very involved with the process of developing this sequel and making sure to get it right, and while he'll be doing quite a bit of press over the next month for the movies mentioned above, it's not definite we'll be able to get more of an update than that. Look for more with Brosnan in the coming weeks, starting next week before Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief comes out on February 12.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63050
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Brosnan Updates Status of Thomas Crown Affair Sequel

Post by Kristatos »

Sounds like it's stuck in development hell.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Most sequels made more than 10 years after the first movie don't do very well. Take Basic Instinct 2 and Son of the Mask for example. As much as I want TC 2 to be made, I think Pierce should move on to different projects at least another action blockbuster or something memorable and classy.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

You could say Basic Instinct 2 and Son of the Mask were missing Michael Douglas & Jim Carrey. Brosnan should do this and make it a little more like Bond just to be cheeky.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

007 wrote:You could say Basic Instinct 2 and Son of the Mask were missing Michael Douglas & Jim Carrey. Brosnan should do this and make it a little more like Bond just to be cheeky.
Even if he does TC 2, I still want to see Pierce to showcase his dark and gritty in a future regular action blockbuster.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

007 wrote:You could say Basic Instinct 2 and Son of the Mask were missing Michael Douglas & Jim Carrey.
Yep, Indy 4 and Die Hard 4 did OK with their original stars.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't think they can do Thomas Crown 2 without Pierce. It'd be just another damned reboot if he is not there.
TheWorldIsNotEnough
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye

Post by TheWorldIsNotEnough »

I watched The Thomas Crown Affair recently and quite enjoyed it, though partly because of the unexpectedly raunchy love scene. :shock:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I heard there are more delays facing them. I watched this one on blu-ray the other day, first time I've seen it all the way through it was a damned good. Bring on the sequel!
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I think it's best to leave TC the way it is. I don't think the sequel would be any bigger than the first. Besides, Pierce has St Vincent in the pipeline, and that's more interesting than TC 2.