Cover art revealed

Discussion & Review Forum For James Bond Books Written By Sebastian Faulks (born 20 April 1953))
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Cover art revealed

Post by Kristatos »

http://theliterary007.blogspot.com/2007 ... r-art.html

Not sure I like the "Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming" tagline. If he wants a pseudonym, he should have used Robert Markham, which was originally intended to be a catch-all name for the continuation novelists, not just Kingsley Amis. Fleming's name belongs to him alone, as far as I'm concerned.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

I don't care for the "Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming" tagline.

I don't like the cover much. I'm sure there will be one more to my liking in the future.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Gary Seven wrote:I don't care for the "Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming" tagline.

I don't like the cover much. I'm sure there will be one more to my liking in the future.
Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming is a mistake to me. If, big IF, Faulks can write like Fleming it stilla disservice to Fleming to use his name in such a way. Takes a little a way from Ian.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re:

Post by Blowfeld »

Dr. No wrote:
Gary Seven wrote:I don't care for the "Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming" tagline.

Sebastain Faulks writing as Ian Fleming is a mistake to me. If, big IF, Faulks can write like Fleming it stilla disservice to Fleming to use his name in such a way. Takes a little a way from Ian.
The publisher used the phrase for several reasons. Most important was they thought they could sell more books if Ian's name was on the cover.
Sebastain was not writing as he normally does, he attempted to write as Ian did, having read some of his previous works I'll say he made an admirable effort copy Ian's style.

However after reading the book I strongly feel they should have used the pen-name 'Robert Markham' as Kristatos suggested.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer