FRWL attache knife

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
specterman1
New Recruit

FRWL attache knife

Post by specterman1 »

Hello, Im working for a small manufacturing company and we've been tossing around the idea of doing a limited run of the attache knife in FRWL. The question is would anyone be interested in these or would it be a waste of time and money>>>
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: FRWL attache knife

Post by Kristatos »

Welcome, specterman1. I'm not really into collectables of this type, but what do others think?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I'm not a huge collector, however I might be interested in this, for me it would come down to the question of price and quality. I wouldn't be willing to pay more than maybe a few hundred dollars and it would have to be of "usable" quality meaning it would need to feel like an actual briefcase and not some paper mache "display" piece only good for collecting dust.

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :cheers:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

specterman1 wrote:Hello, Im working for a small manufacturing company and we've been tossing around the idea of doing a limited run of the attache knife in FRWL. The question is would anyone be interested in these or would it be a waste of time and money>>>
Just the knife, not the whole case?
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

There have been many toy secret agent attache cases over the years as well, the most famous is of course the one made by Multiple Toy Makers at the time of the release of Thunderball in 1965.

specterman1
New Recruit

Post by specterman1 »

We are not doing the whole attache case no. We are doing a authentic copy of the knife itself, it was done a few years back by SD when they did the whole case but the knife was aluminum, the wrong thickness and had a hole in the guard to hold the pin in the slide. Ours will be steel, the proper thickness and look exactly like the movie knife, and will be a functional dagger. The estimated price we'll be looking at will be $75-85 USD
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Whaen you say "a functional dagger", do you mean that it won't be blunted to make it safe? I'm no legal expert, but wouldn't that risk falling foul of laws on concealed weapons etc?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Most knives can be mail ordered in the U.S.A. Certain types of knives are banned in specific states and territories depending on state laws.

In the Highlander craze of the 1990s replica swords could be mail ordered too, sharp out of the box as idiots who tried to sword fight with them found out.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

specterman1 wrote:Hello, Im working for a small manufacturing company and we've been tossing around the idea of doing a limited run of the attache knife in FRWL. The question is would anyone be interested in these or would it be a waste of time and money>>>
This is a neat idea. Surly the Bond faithful would be interested in this type of product. I would worry about the demand being what you would need as a producer, as the fan base sits now I don't know if there would be enough individual interest in buying it to make sense. Not to say there wouldn't be a lot of people interested in general just parting them from their money to make an order might be difficult.
If you could get together with an attache case maker to make a package deal you might have a product that could name it's price. For just the knife, which is cool, I would wait for the next movie, book, anniversary to ride the Bond wave with a numbered edition type of deal. Don't mean to be a downer I would hate for a small company to invest too much unless the demand is proven, and Bond fans can be a fickle.
I wouldn't listen to me either, I have no idea what the market is for these kind of movie props in general. The Highlander replica people rode the wave for a good long time.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Whaen you say "a functional dagger", do you mean that it won't be blunted to make it safe? I'm no legal expert, but wouldn't that risk falling foul of laws on concealed weapons etc?
Gerber 06 is one of the best knifes I've ever used, but illegal for a civilian to own. Wish I had bought one when it was legal for me to own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007: