Guy Ritchie to Direct Next Bond?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Guy Ritchie to Direct Next Bond?

Post by mcbride007 »

Guy Ritchie to direct next Bond film?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/guy- ... or-6962038
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Guy Ritchie to Direct Next Bond?

Post by bjmdds »

UNCLE bombed at the box office but EON likes the director? What about both him and Cavill? :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:UNCLE bombed at the box office but EON likes the director? What about both him and Cavill? :idea:
I'd go for that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

:up: :up: :up: :cheers: :yay: Ale wants that :!:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote:UNCLE bombed at the box office but EON likes the director? What about both him and Cavill? :idea:
I'm not sure about Ritchie, and a definite 'no' to Cavill.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'd like something new, and Ritchie/Cavill would be a treat. But Craig will be back to suck the fun out of another Bond movie.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I can not begin to believe this rumour if Daniel stays on. If they want a director to reboot the reboot going retro might be the way to do it and Guy brought a certain style to UNCLE Bond has lacked for a very long time.

Why is it babzy@aol gets motivated by loser movies? Her darling Daniel best Bond eva! who acts nothing like Bond was spotted watching Layer Cake MGM had sent over to her to sell her on Matthew Vaughn (a director by the way who made two really good Bondish movies since 2005 and EON has made 0). I like Guy's movies ,usually, and I did enjoy UNCLE to a degree however it was a major let down because Guy was trying too hard not to make a Bond movie when he need to embrace Ian's romantic spy world and roll with it yet some how manages to impress #Cubby'sLittelGirl.
I hope she is not impressed because it is so unlike a Bond movie she can't help but be motivated to hire the man responsible.

All this is assuming there is a grain of truth to EON getting rolling on Bond 25 early 2016. I know they said they would, the normal pattern is they promise and promise, fail to deliver, somehow then get praised for it. :roll:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I didn't want the series rebooted the last time, and I don't want it to happen again, this time set in the past. Just reboot, and keep it in the modern day.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't know if eon can make a film without a gimmick. I rather it be pre cr and just tell the d**n story and don't worry about what you did in 1962

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I didn't see anything in the story about rebooting and setting it in the past. And as I said, I'm not inclined to put much stock in a story about the next Bond film published while the current one is still on its theatrical run, especially when it relies so heavily on unnamed "insiders". Would these be the same insiders who assure us that Damien Lewis - no, Idris Elba!- no, Tom Hardy! - is a shoo-in to become the next Bond?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

It sort of confusing when they are praising the guy, Guy Ritchie :mrgreen: , who made a knock off Bond film set in the 1960s. He has a much longer film resume it is his latest Bond like entry that pops to mind and supposedly impressed the Bond Bosses. It's natural to assume they would want him to do what he did for Uncle, no that can't be right. ;) But the assumption they want him to make a retro feel Bond seems solid but Bond is slow to produce and all the rumors usually turn out to be false. Remember the Christopher Nolan Bat-Bond trilogy they were hot to have him make?

I would rather they drop the reboot pretense and act like nothing happened just make a regular Bond movie without the moody backstory.