Yaphet Kotto: "Bond should not be black"

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Yaphet Kotto: "Bond should not be black"

Post by Omega »

That's a really good interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Yaphet Kotto:

Post by Veronica »

And then these overly politically correct people shout out "Racist!" if you say Elba shouldn't be Bond.
Of course,the fact that this particular statement was made by black actor is ignored.
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

If Bond can be played by Craigster, then the field is open ... double: _./// I don't think Bruce Lee should be portrayed by a six-six Swede ... of course Lee was a real person, but just speaking of him as a cultural icon like Bond. Should SHAFT be played by an Eskimo? I agree with Kotto, that 003 or 009 can be a black man... start a new franchise with a new double O. That could actually work, if there was a real Bond team at EON, plus a huge budget. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

commander0077again wrote:If Bond can be played by Craigster, then the field is open ... double: _./// I don't think Bruce Lee should be portrayed by a six-six Swede ... of course Lee was a real person, but just speaking of him as a cultural icon like Bond. Should SHAFT be played by an Eskimo? I agree with Kotto, that 003 or 009 can be a black man... start a new franchise with a new double O. That could actually work, if there was a real Bond team at EON, plus a huge budget. :cake:
I agree but it seems eon can't do anything but one bond movie every three or four years.
They could use dalton and Brosnan in one off unbondables like series, another series set in the 1950s, one today and one in whatever hellverse Craig is from.
But they will only make one movie at a time at a glacial pace.
People don't think of Craig as a inappropriate and they past bonds have been attacked by PCs culture to the point it's not about a character anymore its looked on like a post or lottery a lucky few win so why should any be barred from making it.
Also Hollywood has been casting the wrong person and making excuses for soooooo long pmy generation believe it, also it's in fashion to recast a know character as gay, different race gender background whatever to try to spice it up " make us look at the character differently "

bond and his populist pc masters are ripe for this kind of thinking

I actually might like a black bond over what we've gotten since Craig got the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

Craig should play 002 or something, then it would be OK if he's a Bourne-again action hero. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

commander0077again wrote:Craig should play 002 or something, then it would be OK if he's a Bourne-again action hero. :cake:
Craig should be 005 to match his height in feet.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
commander0077again wrote:Craig should play 002 or something, then it would be OK if he's a Bourne-again action hero. :cake:
Craig should be 005 to match his height in feet.
:lol: :lol:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)