Article: Top Ten Brosnan Films

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
drfanshawe
New Recruit

Article: Top Ten Brosnan Films

Post by drfanshawe »

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/pierce- ... snan-films

...in short, Brosnan managed to embody the best of all the James Bonds, using Connery’s brutality, Moore’s charm and Dalton’s coolness to make arguably the finest rendition of the super spy to date. During his time as Bond, Brosnan had some of the most emotional and downright incredible moments, many of which are listed below, but when GoldenEye burst on the screen it was the first time I remember feeling like there was finally a modern Bond that connected on a personal and relevant level, while remaining faithful to Bond’s rich history.

A love of Bond aside, the choices below reflect a diverse career that saw him take multiple chances at the height of his career, with some fine results. The most curious thing that presented itself when looking at Brosnan’s career as a whole were the themes that seem to have remained constant in most of his work.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: Article: Top Ten Brosnan Films

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I'm surprised to see '... Dalton's coolness'. He is my favourite Bond, but I don't think as his Bond as cool, as I don't think that was what Dalton was aiming for. Cool? No. Intense? Yes.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Cool fits best with Sean while brutality fits with Tim. As for those to avoid, he should have added I Don't Know How She Does It.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

As far as Brosnan's non-Bond films go, I would not recommend Entangled. I think his best performance was in Bag Of Bones, but that was a mini-series not a film. I thought he was also good as the ultra oily Andrew Osnard in The Tailor Of Panama.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Seraphim Falls was brutal. I kind of liked it old west flavor and the hero was a southern solder seeking revenge for what was done to his family . One of the untold stories of that war is the rampage the union soldier went on (in 19th century law of war they were war criminals). Entire towns were literally wiped off the map IMO it interesting to have a story with that as a backdrop.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I have not seen Murder 101 or Live Wire for ages. Two fun Pierce movies.

Not too sure about Grey Owl. :evil: