Rosamund Pike: 'James Bond role was trial by fire'

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Rosamund Pike: 'James Bond role was trial by fire'

Post by Blowfeld »

Dear girl does seem to complain about being given an incredible opportunity.

By Sophie Dainty
Thursday, Apr 17 2014, 4:23pm EDT

Rosamund Pike has revealed that her role in the James Bond movies helped her to learn about herself, as she takes part in a new photoshoot for W Magazine.

The actress, who will play the female lead in the screen adaption of Gone Girl, appeared opposite Pierce Brosnan in 2002's Die Another Day, when she was 21.

"The Bond film was like an ejector seat from normality into a crazy circus world," Pike said. "It was trial by fire. I was 21, and I was made to look far more sophisticated than I felt."

She continued: "Instantly, I had to come to terms with myself as a woman and also as an object. I was looking at myself from the outside for the first time. That awareness, for any girl, is both horrible and fascinating."

Pike also revealed that she had never seen a James Bond film before she was cast in the role.

"Before I was cast as a Bond girl, I had never actually seen a James Bond movie," she said. "The Bond audition was strange - I'd just come back from China, doing the kind of hippie-backpacking thing that people do when they leave school.

"All the girls in this beautiful old town house waiting to see the casting director were sleek and dressed in what seemed to me like leather. I was wearing something very thick and woolly. I was convinced I was all wrong."

Pike will star alongside Ben Affleck in the adaptation of Gillian Flynn's best-selling novel. Watch a trailer for Gone Girl below:

Read more:http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/new ... -fire.html
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer