The November Man Official Trailer (2014) Pierce Brosnan

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: The November Man Official Trailer (2014) Pierce Brosnan

Post by Blowfeld »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:It doesn't look to bad, but I think you're putting this film on too high of a pedestal. I still think Brosnan is trying so hard to be seen in the same light as Liam Neeson.
Perhaps. Pierce has had this movie on his mind a lot longer than Taken has existed, however Taken did make a genre for the shall we say older Irish gentleman ;)

Pierce has long said he is not done with the spy genre, to be realistic he can not play a 30 year old breaking into the spy game, neither could Daniel Craig for that matter. However Timothy and Pierce did very well playing a young active 007, Timothy was in his early forties when he took on James Bond, Pierce was about the same age, Daniel has shown how remarkable that is. Both Timothy and Pierce were ready for many more 007s at the age Daniel is causing the movie makes to press for a facelift.

I've wandered a bit off my main point, Take comparisons I don't believe can be avoided however I am not sure this movie is engineered to be a Taken clone.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

It also sounds like the Charles Bronson film, The Mechanic (Teacher vs Student). That said, it does look better than the last 3 Bond films. For starters, The November Man doesn't look like it has the overpowering pretentiousness of the Craig Bonds. It's still not a film I will rush out to see, though.

Regarding their looks, I think Dalton and to be fair to him, Brosnan, have both always looked younger than they are.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/pierce-brosn ... an-trailer

There is a difference, Neeson is convincing at playing tough characters at his age.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FBF what are you doing August 29th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:It also sounds like the Charles Bronson film, The Mechanic (Teacher vs Student). That said, it does look better than the last 3 Bond films. For starters, The November Man doesn't look like it has the overpowering pretentiousness of the Craig Bonds. It's still not a film I will rush out to see, though.

Regarding their looks, I think Dalton and to be fair to him, Brosnan, have both always looked younger than they are.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/pierce-brosn ... an-trailer

There is a difference, Neeson is convincing at playing tough characters at his age.
Dalton looked perfect as bond not too young not too old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I still think Brosnan is trying so hard to be seen in the same light as Liam Neeson.
I think Pierce is in his own terms, considering he was never fan of his Bonds. Besides, Denzel Washington and Kevin Costner are on the same boat, and they're middle-age action heroes in their own respective rights.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I hope it does well but it feels like an small independent movie that doesn't make much but becomes a cult classic. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:I hope it does well but it feels like an small independent movie that doesn't make much but becomes a cult classic. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.
It's time for GE to give its title of Pierce's best actioner (or even best film of his career) to NM.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I have re- watched the trailer, and I think it looks better than I first thought. Brosnan doesn't seem to be exuding that smarmy attitude that he does in so many of his films. I wouldn't go as far as to see this in the cinema if it gets a theatrical release, but I might buy it on DVD. I do like a good action thriller.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:Brosnan insists this is a darker, gadget-free world away from 007.

"All he has are hard knuckles, a hard head and a lot of heart," he says. "He has a gun and a knife that he knows how to use effectively. That's it. It's kind of stripped down."

Brosnan says he did have his moments of doubt about his return just before shooting began on the Serbia set in 2013.

"I woke up in Belgrade one morning and I was 60," Brosnan says. "My temperature was 102 and it was four days before filming. I mildly freaked out that suddenly I had this film to make. It was like, 'God give me strength.' And you just go do it." Image
bjmdds wrote:Image Image
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

FANTASTIC MOVIE. :up: :up:
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

Wish its big enough for a sequel! Getting the blu ray!
STAVRO
New Recruit

Post by STAVRO »

They're won't be a sequel, it failed miserably.

Pierce Brosnan's status as an actor, has declined gradually since his time as Bond.

I think his acting career has gone the same way as Roger Moore's did - post Bond.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

STAVRO wrote:They're won't be a sequel, it failed miserably.

Pierce Brosnan's status as an actor, has declined gradually since his time as Bond.

I think his acting career has gone the same way as Roger Moore's did - post Bond.
I think a little more like Seagal's career than Rog's as few of his recent films went video-on-demand before having limited release in theaters.

[video][/video]