Craig Facelift?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Re: Craig Facelift?

Post by commander0077again »

Facefall "When You Thought You've Seen It All" :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Bothered me in CR he looked as fresh faced as a retired postal worker working for MI6 as a second career. In SF he looked like he should be aged out of the service. After he went AWOL he should be dishonorably discharged losing his retirement package. Back to being a grocery bagger at Safeway for old Bond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Maybe Craig could book an appointment with Renee Zellweger's doctor. :twisted:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Maybe Craig could book an appointment with Renee Zellweger's doctor. :twisted:
:lol: he might be improved.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Maybe Craig could book an appointment with Renee Zellweger's doctor. :twisted:
With any luck, he might come out looking like this;

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
With any luck, he might come out looking like this;

That would good if Craig looked like that. Then we would hust need someone to do a voiceover. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

I seem to remember a very tall British actor who bore a striking resemblance to Connery when they were searching for a new Bond. Anyone recall his name?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Problem Eliminator wrote:I seem to remember a very tall British actor who bore a striking resemblance to Connery when they were searching for a new Bond. Anyone recall his name?
Not sure but we certainly talked about him at some point. First name to mind is Henry Cavill. Sam Worthington said he was on the short list signed or something and going through weapons training.

These are some of the names
Henry Cavill
Rupert Friend
Julian McMahon
Alex O'Loughlin
Clive Owen
Dougray Scott
Goran Višnjić
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dr. No wrote:
Problem Eliminator wrote:I seem to remember a very tall British actor who bore a striking resemblance to Connery when they were searching for a new Bond. Anyone recall his name?
Not sure but we certainly talked about him at some point. First name to mind is Henry Cavill. Sam Worthington said he was on the short list signed or something and going through weapons training.

These are some of the names
Henry Cavill
Rupert Friend
Julian McMahon
Alex O'Loughlin
Clive Owen
Dougray Scott
Goran Višnjić
Was the Connery lookalike Adrian Paul from Highlander?

Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Oh Christ, not this bull$#!+ again about Adrian Pall. After skimming through the other various 007-related discussion boards of yesteryears all hyping up this STIFF as the Next Big Thing who SHOULD be Bond, I bailed on all of them just to avoid the urge to vomit all over myself.

First of all, the guy's a STIFF as an actor, right down there with John Gavin and James Brolin. So... No way.

Second, I never liked him in that Highlander TV series as Duncan Muh-Clowd; the character came off as a pompous ass who regularly flip-flopped on the morals of which rival Immortal he should or shouldn't kill (the worst example was sparing that rotten "kid" Kenny who used his small stature to con other Immortals into believing he was just a kid inside so he could ambush and cheat his way to the top - and all Duncan did was let him go with a *warning*, the lazy prick).+

And third, there should never ever be a Sean Connery-lookalike to take over the role of 007 no matter how many decades have lapsed between the reign of the Original, any more than it's advisable to find a Roger Moore rerun for the standard lazy cop-out excuse that fat-cat producers and come-lately "fans" alike cling to: It worked once, so why shouldn't it work again?* The answer: There can be only ONE.

+ - It also broke my heart to note that in the Endgame movie "team-up" of dull Adrian Pall and Original-Movie Highlander Christopher Lambert that the latter had to sacrifice himself by letting the former behead him and absorb his accumulated Mega-Immortal Powers to properly defeat their Common Enemy because TV-Highlander had over a hundred hours more screen time than the Movie-Highlander's smaller count of barely 5-6 hours per 3 movies. And that just sucked.

* - That's also how they justified Pierce Brosnan's hiring as Bond (re. Moore/The Saint = Brosnan/Remington Steele), and how well did that turn out? Financially sound, but artistically shambolic, as it felt like the casting alone put them on the top of the mountain so they didn't have to do anything to stay there.
numpol
New Recruit

Post by numpol »

If Daniel Craig got that facelift in the end he should ask for his money back.