Dalton on leaving Bond and Penny Dreadful

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: Dalton on leaving Bond and Penny Dreadful

Post by ml94 »

Tim is so UNDERRATED. :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

ml94 wrote:Tim is so UNDERRATED. :007:
He is getting noticed a little bit in a recent years, starting with Hot Fuzz.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
ml94 wrote:Tim is so UNDERRATED. :007:
He is getting noticed a little bit in a recent years, starting with Hot Fuzz.
:up: :up:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

If anything, Tim has the most successful post-Bond career out of all Sean's successors....well sort of.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:If anything, Tim has the most successful post-Bond career out of all Sean's successors....well sort of.
Depends how you measure success. Tim has had more high-profile roles (Hot Fuzz, Penny Dreadful, Toy Story 3, Rassilon), but Pierce has had the more control over his career in terms of having his own production company and appearing in the films he wants to make.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:If anything, Tim has the most successful post-Bond career out of all Sean's successors....well sort of.
Depends how you measure success. Tim has had more high-profile roles (Hot Fuzz, Penny Dreadful, Toy Story 3, Rassilon), but Pierce has had the more control over his career in terms of having his own production company and appearing in the films he wants to make.
Tim is enjoying his success critically and even financially although his parts are supporting ones. As for Pierce, he keeps himself busy, but his works (especially after Bond) either get not-so-great reviews or went under radar or both.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Pierce has the most successful post Bond career no doubt about it. Although his movies do tend to go under radar or get not so great reviews he has his own production company. Dalton on the other hand is a low-key actor and not a movie superstar.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

And as someone else wrote here before the whole "they offered me more Bond movies" is just a cover story. Whether you love Dalton as Bond or not you have to admit his movies didn't make huge money and they are financially actually one of the least successful Bond films. The movies especially flopped in America where everyone were outraged that Brosnan didn't become Bond. So yes,the actor who would be seen as Bond by the public and be wanted was needed. And Brosnan was that man. So yes,I think that the whole thing was a cover story just to make producers seem not rude towards Dalton. Although,it wasn't exactly rude it was needed but still...
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:Pierce has the most successful post Bond career no doubt about it. Although his movies do tend to go under radar or get not so great reviews he has his own production company.
He may have the most successful post-Bond career, but even his production company is not enough to make NM a highly rated film. He deserves better, especially the fact that debut Bond was his only classic Bond. Even though he may not have a proper send-off to his Bond duties with his 5th Bond, he still has his career (especially as action hero), and there's so much he can do still with the action realm. Again NM could have been his new beginning, but like everything he did after GE, it ends up in the realm of either under radar or not-so-good reviews.
Dalton on the other hand is a low-key actor and not a movie superstar.
He has been getting some notices recently with works, such as Toy Story 3 and Penny Dreadful.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

It's completely wrong that he actually has only one CLASSIC Bond movie.Although for my money TWINE came close to be brilliant but that sank with the worst casting decision in the history of the planet.TND on the other hand was a troubled production with script changing daily even during the filming so the movie I think is good as it is but Monica Bellucci should have been cast as Paris instead that annoying housewife.Another problem is all too much action at the end.DAD is well...DAD is good until Bond comes to Cuba when annoying Hale Berry comes in but the thing falls apart on Iceland.Pierce should have gotten the proper send-off.Tarantino wanted to do CR with him which IMO would have been much better than CR we ended up with(and no,it's not only because of Daniel Craig,there is the most boring poker game and the corniest love story ever with a dialogue that is to bang against the wall with your head,and don't get me started on that "kissing hand under the water" thing... TND,I think,was made because it had to be made so to speak.The success of GoldenEye was enormous and people wanted to see Brosnan as Bond as soon as possible.It's an entertaining movie which for me,get's kinda boring in the end because off too much action.Still...it has a decent plot and some truly brilliant scenes.With TND,it's usually considered a movie that didn't excell GoldenEye and people pretty much have the same opinion about the movie,although I've seen people putting it in the top 10 and thinking this one is an underrated gem. while with TWINE you never know.Some may rank it near the bottom,some in the middle while some will rank it as one of the top 10 Bond movies.Really,I don't think there's a Bond movie that people have more diffirent opinions on that this one...NM had a potential to be truly great(as did TND) but somehow it just didn't manage to be that.The things that actually stand out are the incredibly cool title,the piano song that Olga played in one scene and Brosnan himself.Everything else is just somehow..although the plot isn't bad.It's good actually,it just wasn't executed in the best way.I want for Pierce to have a major blockbuster and the movie that will get great reviews and would be held on the same level as "The Thomas Crown Affair" or "Evelyn." I feel that "After the Sunset" and "The Tailor of Panama" are very very underrated.I could just watch "After the Sunset" over and over again,it never get's boring.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

SIR Sean is OSCAR winner :cheers:
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

EVA GREEN, only good thing in CR.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

[quote="ml94"]EVA GREEN, only good thing in CR.[/quote

I personally didn't like her characterisation of Vesper.At the beggining there's the whole trope of her no falling for Bond and everything but then after,like,what,24 hours she is madly in love?That's not her fault but still she didn't impress me on any level she was entirely bland and not complexed at all.Despite what Craig fans might say.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:Another problem is all too much action at the end.
There's nothing wrong about TND having that much action at the end. I don't know about you, but I think action films are best to end with a big bang at the end.
The success of GoldenEye was enormous and people wanted to see Brosnan as Bond as soon as possible.It's an entertaining movie which for me,get's kinda boring in the end because off too much action.
Like I said with TND, there's nothing wrong about having that much action toward the end.
I want for Pierce to have a major blockbuster and the movie that will get great reviews and would be held on the same level as "The Thomas Crown Affair" or "Evelyn."
Both Thomas Crown and Evelyn did not get much notice though the former did attract some of the mature audiences.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

"Evelyn" and "The Thomas Crown Affair" have the highest ratings of all Brosnan movies after GoldenEye by the RT users. That's what I meant. About TND I would have prefer it if they made it more low-key approach to make Bond more of a spy than an action figure towards the end. Still,I think TND has a good plot coupled with some truly brilliant scenes and of course Brosnan as Bond. I have to rewatch this one
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:EVA GREEN, only good thing in CR.[/quote

I personally didn't like her characterisation of Vesper.At the beggining there's the whole trope of her no falling for Bond and everything but then after,like,what,24 hours she is madly in love?That's not her fault but still she didn't impress me on any level she was entirely bland and not complexed at all.Despite what Craig fans might say.
She was only SOLID thing CR.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:

I personally liked Caterina Murino,she is really gorgeous. And Ivana Miličević an actress from my country played Le Chiffre's lover. These are the things that I can give the movie promps for. Eva wasn't bad but she wasn't really good either
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:

I personally liked Caterina Murino,she is really gorgeous. And Ivana Miličević an actress from my country played Le Chiffre's lover. These are the things that I can give the movie promps for. Eva wasn't bad but she wasn't really good either
Murino, that woman with horse?...Milicevic was way too skinny.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:

Murino, that woman with horse?...Milicevic was way too skinny.
Yes and later with that beautiful dress. Green can't measure up to he is she wanted to. As I said Ivana comes from my country so of course I'm gonna mention her.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Croatia?