"Tom Hardy is the next Bond" Daily Star claims...

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

"Tom Hardy is the next Bond" Daily Star claims...

Post by John P. Drake »

Red top rag The Daily Star is claiming that British actor Tom Hardy is being lined up as a potential successor to Daniel Craig when he steps down from the role.

Craig has two more films on his current contract: Bond 24 (2015) and Bond 25. Thereafter, it is presumed he would be given first refusal on a further, sixth, film.

A 'source' for the tabloid said: "Although Craig is signed up for the next two Bond films the search for his replacement is already on. Tom is right at the top of the wish list. He’s been approached to gauge his interest and he’s keen. He’s a respected actor with a great back catalogue of films but most importantly he’s the type of guy that all men want to be like and all women want to be with. He’s perfect Bond material.”

Hardy, 35, has been positive about the idea when asked in recent years. “I’d love to play Bond with Chris Nolan as director or something, it’d be awesome.”

It is understood that Nolan has been courted to helm a future Bond outing, too.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: "Tom Hardy is the next Bond" Daily Star claims...

Post by FormerBondFan »

Based on Skyfall's nonsensical success and recognition and Pierce's poor treatment from the b1tch, the next Bond should be played by either an unattractive actor or a fighter/wrestler who can act. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: A 'source' for the tabloid said: "Although Craig is signed up for the next two Bond films the search for his replacement is already on.
Oh really? Sounds like all the "I was nearly Bond" stories from people who had lunch with Cubby once back in the '70s.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote: A 'source' for the tabloid said: "Although Craig is signed up for the next two Bond films the search for his replacement is already on.
Oh really? Sounds like all the "I was nearly Bond" stories from people who had lunch with Cubby once back in the '70s.
It's just a rumour, remember when Brosnan was about to resign, Clive Owen was "revealed" to be the next Bond? But instead we got the Cr-egg in the role. And also, Cr-egg had two more to go. Isn't it early to talk the next one? Remember when Sam worthington was going to replace Craig in 2009? It's just a rumour. That's how business works in the US. Seeing as B24 is delayed, they have to keep the 007 reputation alive somehow.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
It's just a rumour, remember when Brosnan was about to resign, Clive Owen was "revealed" to be the next Bond? But instead we got the Cr-egg in the role. And also, Cr-egg had two more to go. Isn't it early to talk the next one? Remember when Sam worthington was going to replace Craig in 2009? It's just a rumour. That's how business works in the US. Seeing as B24 is delayed, they have to keep the 007 reputation alive somehow.
Based on Skyfall's nonsensical success and recognition as well as Pierce's poor treatment, I hope that b1tch doesn't bother going back to the classic Bond actor.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Based on Skyfall's nonsensical success and recognition as well as Pierce's poor treatment, I hope that b1tch doesn't bother going back to the classic Bond actor.
Skyfall's success was as nonsensical as Twilight's success was, or other films in similar mould. Only the non-Bond fans/Bourne fans loved it, the ones who love emoism. Babs is an anti-Classic Bond person, and she will never hire someone like Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender or Scott Adkins for the role, people who actually look like James Bond and act like macho men. She wants someone who looks like a male Barbie doll in order to sleep with him, and then keep dragging in feminine characters into her flicks and promote "Power Girls, Weak Men" shite. What do you expect? She's a total utter bloody disrespectful feminist. Tom Hardy just called their bluff. A tough bloke like him won't accept that wimpy role in artsy movies.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
what. Wait. Bond 24 is delayed?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Blowfeld wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
what. Wait. Bond 24 is delayed?
Should've been 2014, now it's getting a 2015 release.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

He's not as bad as DC but I've never seen Hardy as Bond. Fassbender was always a better prospect but that ship has probably sailed now.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

James wrote:He's not as bad as DC but I've never seen Hardy as Bond. Fassbender was always a better prospect but that ship has probably sailed now.
Craig won't be resigning for another 15 years at least, so there will be loads of rumours throughout the years about someone lined up to play the role... or not.