Is Dr. No coming to 3D Blu-ray and Imax?

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Is Dr. No coming to 3D Blu-ray and Imax?

Post by Goldeneye »

Story from bleeding cool, they think they have found a few things to indicate a 3D remastering of Dr NO

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/17/ ... e-planned/

It looks very much like a new Taiwanese Blu-ray re-issue of the first James Bond movie Dr. No includes a 3D up-conversion of the film. The disc has been listed in the Blu-Ray.com database, and is available to buy online.

The big twist, though, is that Moviefone have started a listing for a 3D IMAX reissue of the film in the US.

In combination, all of this seems to be pointing towards a widespread, official re-release for the film. I assume that the Taiwanese disc and IMAX reissue will be using the same up-conversion.

And then… the remaining Bond films, in sequence? That didn’t quite work for Star Wars…
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Is Dr. No coming to 3D Blu-ray and Imax?

Post by Dr. No »

What is the point of this?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ugh. To me, converting films that were shot in 2D into 3D is no different to the colorization of black & white movies.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'm not sure this is really happening, and I'm pretty sure it would not be big in BO.

There is a small core of av guys who are sold on 3d and desperate for more content. But those guys are a very small minority. Only some bond fans would quadruple dip for a 3D set, I doubt many who have the blurays will but the movies again even if remastered / on a new format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007: