Britt Ekland on Bond

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Britt Ekland on Bond

Post by Blowfeld »

As I remember it you've met her BJ?
According to the Telegraph the actress said: “I think Roger is the best Bond, of course - not just because of being my Bond, but because if you read the early Ian Fleming books describing him, that’s how he was."

“He was a bachelor, unattached, he was luxurious, sophisticated, and he was not available for females so no long term relationships there. I think Roger really portrayed that."

....she also stated that Craig is, “very, very good Bond, because he is modern Bond”.

She also opined that he "is an action hero, what the young people want. They would just laugh at me and Roger today.”

Ekland, 69, and Sir Roger, 84, apparently remain the best of chums, dining together where she says that she still gets a bit of the old Bond charm, adding: “He’s so ‘un-actorish’. What you see on the screen is the Roger Moore you see if you have lunch with him."
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: Britt Ekland on Bond

Post by The Saint 007 »

Well, I'm a young Bond fan, and I still prefer the classics way more than Craig's nonsense. And I still think Roger Moore is an awesome Bond, even by today's standards.

I remember reading various entertainment magazines that said Pierce Brosnan was the "modern Bond." Then when Craig came in, Brosnan was suddenly tossed on the outdated classic Bond shelf. It's strange how things just instantly change in a heartbeat.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Pierce is the original modern Bond.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Actually her saying he is a "Modern Bond = action hero" I consider a slap to the face.
Also her definition of Roger as what Ian wanted also questions the reboot silliness about Daniel as Fleming's Bond.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Like Sega's "Blast Processing", the whole "Craig is true Fleming Bond" is a marketing gimmick used to make people think Craig's Bond films are more superior than the Classic Bond films. It's also another way of trying to justify why Craig should continue to play Bond for eternity.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

That is BS.....we asked Maud Adams directly what she thinks of Cr-egg as Bond.................directly asked by us...........Maud Adams said she likes DC BUT Britt does NOT, and she said it to us emphatically. It proves that what these clowns say in public is often times not true. Maud spoke for Britt, but Britt heard what she said and did NOT disagree with Maud's statement about Brit's feelings on DC. Fact :!: I hope I see Caroline Munro and Barbara Carrera at next month's Chiller Theatre to get their opinions face to face.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The world of James Bond is corrupt. This holiday and awards seasons will determine the sanity of the world's general public, especially here in the US. Are we in agreement in this, BJ?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Agree 100000000000000% FBF. IF the USA minions embrace Bond 23 and increase it's box office by one thin penny over CR and QOS, with The Vampires, The Hobbit, and Les Mis around for better entertainment, I say we throw in the towel and do stand up comedy instead of caring about Bond any longer, right FBF?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Agree 100000000000000% FBF. IF the USA minions embrace Bond 23 and increase it's box office by one thin penny over CR and QOS, with The Vampires, The Hobbit, and Les Mis around for better entertainment, I say we throw in the towel and do stand up comedy instead of caring about Bond any longer, right FBF?
Additionally we send in the weirdos to take as Bond. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

I really like Moore the most, Connery and Pierce, hack, I like Dalton too!

I think a lot of previous cast and crews of Bond movies thought like us but won't say anything in public. WTF is with them casting CR as Bond, good gawd! I will repeat what I written in about every post if I can and that is I have YET to meet anyone in real who like CR as Bond. And I do meet ALOT of people on a daily basis.

But we do care about Bond, just not CR's Bond!