Nolan would like to do a Bond movie, without Craig

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Nolan would like to do a Bond movie, without Craig

Post by Thunderpussy »

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Goldeneye »

One possibility, albeit a way down the line, is a Bond movie. The director, as most Brits who grew up watching the Ian Fleming franchise on rainy bank holidays such as this one are, is a long-time fan of the series, mentioning Bond as a key influence on both "Batman Begins" and "Inception" (principally the snowy final action sequence in the film, which owes a lot to "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"), and a couple of years back, expressed an interest in directing an entry in the series at some point.

In the Empire interview, Nolan reiterates that he's serious about the prospect, and even says he's met with the franchise's producers at some point in the past, but cautions that "It would have to be the right situation and the right time in their cycle of things." To us, that would seem to suggest that Nolan would only like to take up the reins if he got to make a fresh start, including casting a new Bond, so as long as Daniel Craig is wearing the tux, we wouldn't hold up hope for a Nolan Bond. But maybe the next time they decide to shake things up...
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

This. Will. Drive . Fanboys. Nuts.

Sad part is we'd only get maybe 3 movies from him in 7 years
:shock: that's better then Eon manages,,, maybe there is something to this.
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

Christopher Nolan, if you weren't married already,I'd marry you as soon as possible. Finally, someone who gets.it.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: Nolan would like to do a Bond movie, without Craig

Post by The Sweeney »

I'd love Nolan to do a Bond movie.
The spin is all wrong though. It doesn't state at all that Nolan doesn't want to do a Bond movie with Craig in it.

Why was it even spun like that?? Sloppy journalism strikes once again..... :roll:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think is he did do it he'd want a free hand, his own bond and his cast of characters, so in that way its correct and it may be what me meant. He didn't say fire Craig, but I don't think he'd want to be making Craig movies when he has his own idea of what Bond should be.

Apparently Craig can come in tell them which director to hire which actors and what kind of story they are doing, that would be no go with Nolan.
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

Omega wrote:I think is he did do it he'd want a free hand, his own bond and his cast of characters, so in that way its correct and it may be what me meant. He didn't say fire Craig, but I don't think he'd want to be making Craig movies when he has his own idea of what Bond should be.

Apparently Craig can come in tell them which director to hire which actors and what kind of story they are doing, that would be no go with Nolan.

And thank god for that!
hatter
New Recruit

Post by hatter »

Wanting a free hand can mean so many things, but not necessarily a new lead actor... just saying. :spy:
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

Nolan would understand what makes Bond tick .. get back to bigger than life, a handsome and talented actor, playing a hard but likeable super guy.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

hatter wrote:Wanting a url=http://lord-of-ultima.browsergamez.com/]free[/url hand can mean so many things, but not necessarily a [url=http://juggernaut.browsergamez.com/new[/url lead actor... just saying. :spy:
Right cycle of things=New actor
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

We read news like that all the times (for other movies) but in reality, we won't get what we want. We wanted a lot of other actors as Bond but what we get is they sign DC for another 2. Ugh!