Craig: "I'm the tougest Bond"

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Craig: "I'm the tougest Bond"

Post by carl stromberg »

What an oaf!
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/gossip/view/ ... gest-Bond/

Current James Bond Daniel Craig has dismissed the previous 007 actors as weaklings and declared that he is the toughest Bond of them all. Craig, who is currently filming the 23rd Bond adventure Skyfall stated that he is the closest to Ian Fleming's tough superspy. "I skimmed through one or two of the Bond novels when I first played Bond" declared Craig, "and in them Bond is a f****** badass like me" He then dismisses legendary 007 Sir Sean Connery as a "f***** wimp...he looks like a cross between Pee Wee Herman and a f****** beekeeper" mincing around in a f*********** white tux". How would Craig's Bond match up against Sir Roger Moore? " Moore was an old codger" Craig stated " he played Bond with a f***** zimmer frame, my Bond who works out 10 hours a day would kick his wrinkly m**********g arse".
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Craig: "I'm the tougest Bond"

Post by Kristatos »

That is probably the most plausible April Fool ever.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Where's the puking smiley when you need it- April Fool's joke or no.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

[offtopic]James Bond star Daniel Craig has said that he will continue to play the British spy for as long as he can.

The star - who is reprising the role for a third time in the latest film Skyfall - told the BBC he would "keep going until they tell me to stop".

He admitted there were big expectations for the film to be a success with the Bond franchise celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

However, he said the team were "going to put on a good show".

Craig added although he wanted to leave his mark on the films, he was under no illusion he would have to eventually give up the 007 role.

"I know there'll be someone after me, and hopefully someone after them - I'm just trying to keep [the series] going."

There has been a four-year gap between the previous film Quantum of Solace and the new film after production was suspended in April 2010 due to uncertainty over film company MGM's future amid financial troubles.

But the actor said work had still been going on behind the scenes.

"We haven't been resting on our laurels, we've been plotting what to do with this film," he said.

"The first one was a whirr - it was a new experience and flew by - the second one was the tricky second album, but this one we've really planned and got a great script.

"It's going to be different from the last one, but it will still be a great Bond movie."

Skyfall, which is directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, also stars Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and sees Dame Judi Dench return as M.

It is due for release in the UK on 26 October.[/offtopic]

Story from BBC Entertainment

Seems he knows he's a flop without the Bond series to hold on to.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

He knows his career is done no one is going to pay him as much as Babs will to keep him close.He sounds like the sequel movies he was counting are not going to happen either.
katied

Post by katied »

Movies, plural-though supposedly there is going to be a Tin Tin sequel- wtf?!? :shock:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

oscartheman wrote:He knows his career is done no one is going to pay him as much as Babs will to keep him close.He sounds like the sequel movies he was counting are not going to happen either.
Star Trek would have been a great vehicle for DC. He should have go to this direction instead of Bond, but he ended up as Babs' pawn.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

As a drunken Klingon FBF?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

katied wrote:Movies, plural-though supposedly there is going to be a Tin Tin sequel- wtf?!? :shock:
His character was killed off in Tintin I supposed he could be another if they want to use him. I do think the Tintin movies will be made because it is Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg behind them even if they are not too successful at the box office. As for Craig staying on indefinitely I can't help but think something else is behind it, MGW says it then Daniel. The amount of money Daniel would get is staggering, Johnny Depp he is not.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

For someone who had to think really hard about accepting the Bond role he sure seems to embrace it now yet his statements make no sense. He is a 100% box office flop in Hollywood. He's done :!:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:For someone who had to think really hard about accepting the Bond role he sure seems to embrace it now yet his statements make no sense. He is a 100% box office flop in Hollywood. He's done :!:
He was working in Brutish TV and obscure movies before Bond and with Bond he has made millions of dollars and landed some big roles. He is a flop outside Bond and he knows his career will be dead if he leaves.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

We really needed one of his other films to be a hit. He obviously can't draw flies outside of Bond so he'll scuttle back to Barbara now.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:As a drunken Klingon FBF?
I see him more as a Scotty-type or Andorian.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:As a drunken Klingon FBF?
I see him more as a Scotty-type or Andorian.
Scotty? WTF FBF!

The way this always works is the current guy is Bond until the replacement is named. I doubt Craig is getting the offers like he was in 2007 Bond is it for him after Bond he is Timothy Dalton trying to revive his career for the next 20 years. Plus I think Dalton is a much better actor and a better Bond.
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote: Scotty? WTF FBF!
Scotty, no. But engineering guy, I can definitely see.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote: His character was killed off in Tintin I supposed he could be another if they want to use him. I do think the Tintin movies will be made because it is Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg behind them even if they are not too successful at the box office.
I think it's only in the US that the first film was unsuccessful, it did pretty decent business worldwide. Plus, I don't think it cost that much to make, so the studio will probably make a profit on it. IIRC Sakharine was
Spoiler
only arrested at the end, not killed
. But I don't think he is a recurring character in the books.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
Blowfeld wrote: His character was killed off in Tintin I supposed he could be another if they want to use him. I do think the Tintin movies will be made because it is Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg behind them even if they are not too successful at the box office.
I think it's only in the US that the first film was unsuccessful, it did pretty decent business worldwide. Plus, I don't think it cost that much to make, so the studio will probably make a profit on it. IIRC Sakharine was
Spoiler
only arrested at the end, not killed
. But I don't think he is a recurring character in the books.
I think I was myself getting confused with the original Ttintin story, the Pirate killed by Sir Francis (
Spoiler
for some reason I was thinking the final crane-to-crane fight left it looking like he was dead. Honestly by this point I was eager to leave
), either way the point is essentially the same.

Daniel being Bond forever I just can't see him doing more than one more and even then it is kind of depending if he makes the rest of the Millennium Trilogy, if he does he probably can't be in Bond 24 for 2014.From what is being said those movies would be his 2013 and 2014. I doubt any more $200 million+ Hollywood movies will be calling on him.

I think it comes down to how will SF does if it is very Big, makes more money than QOS then maybe he could come back for 24, at this time I think it will be hard to match with some of the most anticipated moves of the year coming out during SFs 2 months in the theaters. We all know who Barbara wants and that is part of the problem with the direction of Bond. He is now big a antihero :roll:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After MI:4's huge success, only comparing AWFUL to it will do at the box office for Eon's reputation. It will not surpass CR nor QOS, even with ticket price inflation and the admissions will drop as well. They lowered the budget, hoping to trick fans into thinking this was their great film for the 50th anniversary and to show Sony a profit, but once it opens in the UK and the press and the fans there lower the boom on it, it will have wobbly legs at weekend 2 in the USA and tail off drastically weekend 3 here. Sony and MGM will be hard pressed to keep Cr-egg in the role again. He is embarrassing himself now and he runs down the streets in the videos shown like a muscle bound girl. Yuck :!:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It will not surpass CR nor QOS, even with ticket price inflation and the admissions will drop as well.
I hope this happens in the US as well.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It will FBF......it will..........and worldwide too............I wonder if DC will be shoved out of a plane for the olympics?