Daniel Craig is to open the 2012 Olympic Games ceremony

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Daniel Craig is to open the 2012 Olympic Games ceremony

Post by bjmdds »

One look from Daniela Transvesta's face and the olympic torch will go out :!:
katied

Post by katied »

I was planning on watching the opening ceremonies. Now I'm going to TiVo it so I can fast forward through all the Danielle Craig stuff.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Matt Smith, Doctor number 11 of Doctor Who fame, ran with the Olympic torch. I'd don't have problem with this because it is done in good Olympic spirit. I still have a problem with the crass imposition of 007 in the games (if true) it is too commercial and inappropriate in keeping with the spirit of the games. Honouring a fictional character? We have real life heroes worthy of honouring.

his morning saw the Olympic Torch Relay commence on Day Eight of its travels around the United Kingdom, kicking off from outside the Norwegian Church at Cardiff Bay - with a familiar face to take on the mantle of bearer! Matt Smith was up bright and early to play his part in the celebratory journey, and spoke on BBC Breakfast about how he felt on his latest role and the crowd that gathered to cheer him on:
It's a great privilege to be involved, I can't quite believe that people have actually turned up, I thought I'd just be carrying it around, waving to the ducks! I'm thrilled that so many people have come out, and it's really nice that the weather's nice - well done weather! I just think it's a wonderful thing anyway, I think the Olympics, the build up, the sense of national focus, with the Euros (Euro 2012) as well, I'm really excited about the summer of sport that we've got ahead, and I think things like this are just wonderful. And the Jubilee! I'm way into this whole sense of national coming together, street parties and things like this.

It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things, and for me personally to have the privilege of carrying it ... it's one of those rare opportunities that has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the fact that I play the Doctor.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Favorite Movies: 12 Angry Men
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

Post by Mexican Staring Frog »

Would anyone have a problem with 007 in the Olympics if Craig wasn't in the role of Bond?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote:Would anyone have a problem with 007 in the Olympics if Craig wasn't in the role of Bond?
Hard to say really. I suppose it could work if the ceremony was based on a general theme of British cultural icons, along with the Beatles, Monty Python etc.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

As pointed out by others, I'd rather have some Real life heros ( sport or other wise ) involved
with the olympics rather than Fictional ones.
katied

Post by katied »

Thunderpussy wrote:As pointed out by others, I'd rather have some Real life heros ( sport or other wise ) involved

I agree with that. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist,but you do have to wonder if there was some payola going on.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:As pointed out by others, I'd rather have some Real life heros ( sport or other wise ) involved

I agree with that. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist,but you do have to wonder if there was some payola going on.
Probably. If MacDonald can be the official food of the Olympics nothing is sacred.

Anywho I thought we would be the one to turn the Olympics all NASCAR :lol:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe Cr-egg's Bond can eat burgers and beer in Bond 23, instead of caviar and martinis, for more product placements for Eon. :idea:
katied

Post by katied »

Oh lord..the Olympics turning NASCAR? Perish the thought! :mrgreen: