Craig exuding that macho quality again

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Craig exuding that macho quality again

Post by Kristatos »

Incidentally, this was linked to by a pro-Craiger on Gallifrey Base with the comment "Nice pic of the Aston on set". Talk about selective blindness.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Craig exuding that macho quality again

Post by Omega »

It is not a nice pic of the Aston too much crap blocking the view.

Is this story for real? The ass crack picture has this story behind it? Jesus what a prick.
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

Just goes to show how much kool-aid the Pro-Craigs drink. Not all of them, but posting something like this? W.T.F.

I'd expect it at someplace like MI6 or Commander Bond.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

What a misery guts.
Bring back Bond!
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Great picture already had the lemon sucking face ready for the camera.Talk about a rude SOB the highlight of some of these guys day and he acts like a dick to everyone.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I hope you don't mind Kristatos, I re-posted your Pic on AJB, with the same effect. Any
replies to it all talk about the great new pic of the aston. Selective Blindness indeed. :lol:
At this rate if in Skyfall Bond gets a gay kiss, the Craig fans will be over the moon at this
great leap forward in Bond history, showing how modern and up to date Craig has now
made the Character. Or if he Beat the leading lady to death, that would be taken as "a
Fantastic take on the stress of modern living on the alpha male " or some such Boll**ks

"There are none so Blind as those who will not See"
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Doesn't surprise me if Craig is turning into a Prima Donna. Seems part of the course now for actors getting big for their boots after a few movies.
Although this story may still be a bit of the usual tabloid gossip. Maybe the producers said no one was allowed to look at Craig or approach him while filming, who knows.

As for the Aston, the registration plate looks like the one that appeared in GE and GF. I wonder what its role will be in this movie...??
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I
Is this story for real?
It's in the Daily Star, so who knows?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

The Sweeney wrote:Doesn't surprise me if Craig is turning into a Prima Donna. Seems part of the course now for actors getting big for their boots after a few movies.
Although this story may still be a bit of the usual tabloid gossip. Maybe the producers said no one was allowed to look at Craig or approach him while filming, who knows.

As for the Aston, the registration plate looks like the one that appeared in GE and GF. I wonder what its role will be in this movie...??
A place for tiny Judy Dench to release all the dark secrets weighing her little heart down. Skyfall Craig, sob, sob, Skyfallllll!!!! :twisted:

Not the first time Craig has acted like this. He gets weird when he has to do skin shots (some fully clothed PR shots too), something about it makes him go all squirrelly. Where did that mean ol Babs touch you mate? :twisted:

It's unprofessional but not unusual. Although Craig has some odd hang ups about it, he vowed never to do a CR gay male beach scene again, he resisted making the sex scenes Bond and other movies have to have, has a stand-in and others do it for him even for CR. He detests the getups for live action filming like Tintin, he gets upset about other odd costuming actor have to wear. Babs acting like a drooling fangirl chasing after the Beatles doesn't help either (Nice lawsuit for Craig when it's all over :twisted: ).
Maybe Craig can't get past the idea of him looking stupid in someone eyes, maybe it's a candied photo making the internet, my god that is what it is all about, actors put them selves in ridiculous situations all the time without questioning it, it is all about trust, trusting their director, producers and fellow cast and crew.

Craig does not have that trust, he'll go out on a limb if he believes it is a prestigious project and will reflect well on him, films were he does not come on board demanding sometimes fundamental changes are very rare, perhaps non existent after CR.
Last edited by Mazer Rackham on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Mazer: Thing I don't get is if you don't have trust with said company or person and felt that way since 2005 (or when cr came out) then why in gods name doesn't craig just move on to something else, if your hearts not in it leave, Eccleston did the same with doctor who, he thought he would get typecast in the role and didn't think he was really the right person in the end so only did one series before Tennant later replaced him back then.

Bow out craig if there's no trust it shows in the overall product, look at ghostbusters 2 in comparison to ghostbusters 1 Bill Murray didn't want to be there and I even noticed that as a kid ( he hated gb2 and what it did to the films).

In all honesty it's like he's projecting his misery on the screen through the fact he doesn't trust who he works with which again brings up the point of why work there in the first place, grow a spine and find something else you want to do instead, Craig really should've realised this before deciding to come back and tbh he's only got himself to blame for staying on now for this film, there are ways out of it but it's too late now.

When he does leave he should take up a suit with Babs though :twisted: , someone that obsessed with their actor isn't good.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

It's hard to explain, what it breaks down to is Craig does not trust his directors enough to let their vision guide him. He insists on controlling aspects of the story and character he should be willing to let go and follow the directors lead. Craig is hiring people he thinks agree with him, people who will help his image on screen. When people hire him he steps in to change the character and script to suit his ideas.

Think of it this way the fictitious Shaterhand productions calls you and asks you to play Batman, you show up for work to put on the 1960s tights and cape, you feel like poofter you get the script now you feel like poofter with corny lines. How do you do it? More than a matter of wanting to be there -which does make a difference, how do you walk in front of all those lights and portray best to Batman possible. Professional actors turn themselves over the the directors and producers trusting them to see it through. Craig does not trust the producers to hire a director to see him though, he gets his buddies and people who share his vision to come on board. Bad enough they changed the Bond series to hire him, he now has so much say over what happens with it the movies are becoming Craig Emo dramas. All because Craig takes himself too seriously, got to a have twinkle in the eye and sense of humor to play Bond.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Mazer: Yeah if you can't have a laugh and do something you enjoy what's the point, sounds like he's really trying to make this art as much as possible and his friends shouldn't be the ones helping him but guess babs doesn't care since she's far too obsessed with craig to see that and sadly probably supports his view on his take of the character despite how wrong it is fullstop.

Adam west played batman well, despite the old series being corny as hell that's what it was and West hammed it up and at the same time really made it good despite how silly it looked ie he made it work whether he may've been comfortable with it or not and that's what a true actor does, the play it to the best of their ability and leave their personal crap elsewhere becauser they understand how important it is to portray a certain character, whether goofy, serious or somwhere inbetween.

The sooner kipper face leaves the better (and hopefully babs wont be incharge after and someone with a good understanding of the series takes over), kinda like when Moffat took over from Davies for doctor who he brought a lot of the old elements back (almost) whilst Davies may've brought it back but changed far too much and pretty much made doc into bond and now he's more like his oldself.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

shaken not stirred wrote:Mazer: Yeah if you can't have a laugh and do something you enjoy what's the point, sounds like he's really trying to make this art as much as possible and his friends shouldn't be the ones helping him but guess babs doesn't care since she's far too obsessed with craig to see that and sadly probably supports his view on his take of the character despite how wrong it is fullstop.

Adam west played batman well, despite the old series being corny as hell that's what it was and West hammed it up and at the same time really made it good despite how silly it looked ie he made it work whether he may've been comfortable with it or not and that's what a true actor does, the play it to the best of their ability and leave their personal crap elsewhere becauser they understand how important it is to portray a certain character, whether goofy, serious or somwhere inbetween.

The sooner kipper face leaves the better (and hopefully babs wont be incharge after and someone with a good understanding of the series takes over), kinda like when Moffat took over from Davies for doctor who he brought a lot of the old elements back (almost) whilst Davies may've brought it back but changed far too much and pretty much made doc into bond and now he's more like his oldself.
Exactly! I forgot about your aspergers, sorry. I feel like a jackass. But you got the point I was trying to make perfectly. :cheers:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Craig knows better than any Director what Direction for Bond to go In
Hell he thinks he Knows more than Fleming, Hence his re-take on what Bond Is.
This is how Fleming should of written Bond. _.///
Can't wait to see what Craig does with a character like Santa Clause ( if he got the chance )
a sad morose Old chap, always depressed about the kids on the naughty list. :lol:
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

He looks like the sort of man who would hang around public toilets.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Craig filming in Scotland

I wonder how they're going to explain the steering wheel changing sides as it was Left hand drive in CR.
Also The number plate is now BMT 216A ( the same as Goldfinger ) it just doesn't make sence. :roll:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

ImageImage

Ol Stiggy looks more like Bond than the man Barbara hired :shock:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Honestlt that photo of Craig is Unbelievable, If he past you on the street your First
Thought wouldn't be "hey that guy could be a film star, he's so handsome and suave, He could be James Bond " :cry:
Rather you'd be thinking "Hey that Doorman Lookes Pis**d Off "
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Funny seems like the movie is already wrapping up, kind of disappointing. Is it going to be shorted than QOS?
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Funny seems like the movie is already wrapping up, kind of disappointing. Is it going to be shorted than QOS?
Was this man available?

I bet he can do a better job as Bond. :mrgreen: