Pierce Brosnan and Craig Ferguson Talk Bond's Body Hair

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Pierce Brosnan and Craig Ferguson Talk Bond's Body Hair

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/09/pierce- ... air-video/
With Pierce Brosnan on 'The Late Late Show' (Weeknights, 12:37AM ET on CBS), the conversation inevitably turned to James Bond, which he portrayed from 1995 to 2002.

Despite saying that he virtually jumped from television series 'Remington Steele' to Bond -- when apparently Geoff fell in love with him -- it was an eight-year gap during which he starred in several films.

But it always comes back to Bond. Craig Ferguson noted that current Bond Daniel Craig has no body hair, and wondered how that works for the secret agent. "I don't know where you keep your secret documents and stuff if you don't have at least some hair," he said. "Sean Connery was covered in hair."
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Re: Pierce Brosnan and Craig Ferguson Talk Bond's Body Hair

Post by commander0077again »

Goldeneye wrote:http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/09/pierce- ... air-video/
"I don't know where you keep your secret documents and stuff if you don't have at least some hair," he said. "Sean Connery was covered in hair."
:up: Excellent quip, Pierce! One of the most enjoyable things about PB and RM is their humor and likability, in addition to being at least in the vicinity of the Fleming Bond and the icon that became the Film Bond. There is a recent poll where Connery is voted the best Bond. I think he is at the peak, but Brosnan is at the same level for a very important reason : he didn't take the character for granted nor himself so seriously that the roll seemed beneath him. While I understand Sean's views of being hemmed in by what Bond had become, he doesn't seem to be all that grateful for the chance of a lifetime. Without Bond his film career may have never been launched; note the films he made in the period. Would they have made him a superstar? I doubt it. But when I look at Brosnan, I think, Hey this is a guy who actually is a fan!
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I also think the Other actors had FUN playing Bond, there arae many times in the early Bonds where you can see Connery almost smiling, The car chase in Goldfinger and shooting up the grards at Palmyra. Which I think Brosnan picked up on as he can be seen smiling during the car chase in TND.
Playing Bond for Old Danny boy seems to be a chore, some Druggery he has to do between those Other Huge Sucesses he churns out. :lol:
Who ever thought an Actor could Make Bond a character you wouldn't want to be. :evil:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Unlike Rog, Pierce took Bond seriously.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Brosnan and Connery were fun to watch as Bond. Dalton was not, not really, Moore depends on how you feel about him and the occasional double taking pidgins. More was darn cold blooded at time, so was pierce, I watched TWIN the other night and he had solid intensity as Bond and a ruthlessness to kill when it was his duty. MOore and Pierce take lot of crap form people who problems is actualyl with the producers and writers.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:MOore and Pierce take lot of crap form people who problems is actualyl with the producers and writers.
Rog wanted to lighten up Bond while Pierce wanted to toughen up Bond.
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

I also value Pierce's Bond which had more of a touch of Fleming, rather than Sir Sean's indestructibility; although he did show humanity at the right times, such as when one of the Bond girls is killed. PB's contribution, I think, will increase in appreciation, much like Lazenby's spot. One of the drawbacks of the PB Bonds is the lack of John Barry. I can imagine Goldeneye with the master's touch. LALD was close to Brosnan's concept. A classic scene when Bond is about to have his pinkie chopped, with Moore playing it completely serious.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!