Bond News Of The Day Thread

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by FormerBondFan »

Gala Brand wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
The attached article says Nolan "is said to be a fan of Craig's work." Do you have anything you could link to that supports your "distinct impression"?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/james-bond ... 36234.html
If Nolan direct a DC Bond movie, then the traditional classic tall and dark-haired Bond has no place in this world anymore........PERMANENTLY! Send in those WWE/TNA/UFC stars as the next James Bonds for all I care.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Moore, Connery and Brosnan are criticised for looking too old in their final Bond outings by the Craig fans - but their hero can play Bond looking like a corpse with a grey skinhead haircut.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.3news.co.nz/Benedict-Cumberb ... fault.aspx

Benedict Cumberbatch blew Bond audition
Tue, 21 May 2013 6:23a.m.

Benedict Cumberbatch missed out on playing suave superspy James Bond in a video game after showing up at the audition in scruffy clothes.

The Star Trek Into Darkness actor was in the running to play a digital version of 007, but he blew his chance when he wore casual clothing to his screen test.

He explains, "I once got the chance to play James Bond in a computer game. But when I got to the audition there were men in their late 40s in dinner jackets there. I went in casual wear.

"I thought I would shake it up though and I started to dive over sofas and do all the gun poses and I did not get a call. I am still waiting."

WENN.com
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:http://www.3news.co.nz/Benedict-Cumberb ... fault.aspx

Benedict Cumberbatch missed out on playing suave superspy James Bond in a video game after showing up at the audition in scruffy clothes.

The Star Trek Into Darkness actor was in the running to play a digital version of 007, but he blew his chance when he wore casual clothing to his screen test.

He explains, "I once got the chance to play James Bond in a computer game. But when I got to the audition there were men in their late 40s in dinner jackets there. I went in casual wear.

"I thought I would shake it up though and I started to dive over sofas and do all the gun poses and I did not get a call. I am still waiting."

WENN.com
Well that was for blood stone and the guy who did get the job was replaced by Craig in the end.

............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Omega »

Gala Brand wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
The attached article says Nolan "is said to be a fan of Craig's work." Do you have anything you could link to that supports your "distinct impression"?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/james-bond ... 36234.html
He had said earlier on several occasions left the distinct impression he wasn't a fan of Craig or the style of bat bonds. I can't link to any thing on my phone but itll be around probably inception time or dk.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Actually I think there is a direct quote where Nolan was talking about bond and what he said could be construed as wanting his choice of bond / recast if he did direct bond

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:http://www.3news.co.nz/Benedict-Cumberb ... fault.aspx

WENN.com
Well that was for blood stone and the guy who did get the job was replaced by Craig in the end.

Better to watch Ben in Trek than any of DC's Bonds.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 42268.html
Right when the blogosophere began spreading the news that Nicolas Winding Refn seemed to divulge he's in contention to helm the next Bond movie, a report surfaced saying Sam Mendes is back in the game.

Mendes, who directed "Skyfall" and said he was done with the franchise, is in talks to take on the next Bond film, according to Deadline.

Refn, the director of "Drive," seemed coy on the topic at Cannes when asked whether he was attached to the epic spy series -- leading some to speculate whether he is in contention.
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Never heard of Refn :shock: Usualy when director is talked about I know at least one of their movies
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Some old little chap visited the dressing room of the British and Irish Lions Rugby team after they beat Australia in Sydney. I'm not sure who he is. Maybe a player's grandfather? :evil:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Man is a shrimp. They must hire oddly scaled people to make him look normal on screen.
There was a photo during the filming of skyfall whit two cops in the background and they made Craig look like a dwarf (too bad Peter Jackson didn't have a use for him :twisted: ). those cops were just average guys and Craig looked so tiny, wonder how many times the directer has to call cu to get Craigs elevator shoes or yells about who let a normal size person on his Craig sized set.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

The Rugby player with Craig is 6 feet 2 which is about the same height as the other Bonds - so Craig is indeed a shrimp as Omega said. :D
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Good thing those rugby players are used to handling small leathery objects.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Image

The Rugby player with Craig is 6 feet 2 which is about the same height as the other Bonds - so Craig is indeed a shrimp as Omega said. :D

That is the most unflattering picture of Cregg that's ever been posted here.And there have been some real doozies. :P
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Bobble head doll.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just confirmed by 007.com: Bond 24 to be released autumn 2015. Craggy, Mendes and Logan are all returning, I definitely won't be. Sorry, posting links is a pain on my phone, but the story is not difficult to find if you need more information.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

Kristatos wrote:Just confirmed by 007.com: Bond 24 to be released autumn 2015. Craggy, Mendes and Logan are all returning, I definitely won't be. Sorry, posting links is a pain on my phone, but the story is not difficult to find if you need more information.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
I have given up on ever having a new Bond film to watch. Daniel Craig is almost the iconic Bond now, and co-produces the films with Barbara Broccoli. I can't bring myself to watch the old films now as I'm so annoyed over the never ending Craig era.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli wants him for another DECADE or more Captain :!: :shock:
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli wants him for another DECADE or more Captain :!: :shock:
The series is dead. Also when we were posting on the old MI6 James Bond fan forum in 2006 the Craig fans said Brosnan had to be sacked as he was too old and looked ridiculous in Die Another Day. In Bond 24 Craig will virtually the same age as Brosnan was in Die Another Day.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correctamundo and Broccoli will spin Cr-egg as the greatest Bond ever and the most gorgeous piece of humanity ever created :!: