Bond News Of The Day Thread

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
kater23 wrote:Someone elsewhere(forget where) suggested Weisz as a Bond girl(I may have mentioned this on another thread..)Nepotism, much?
It was one of the rumours for Skyfall that turned out to be untrue. It'll probably be recycled for the next one, and the one after that.
In interviews for Oz maybe she was saying how lucky she was to have Craig and how she would love to be in a Bond movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

It's too obvious..they would never cast Weisz as a Bond girl..or would they? :?
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

kater23 wrote:It's too obvious..they would never cast Weisz as a Bond girl..or would they? :?
She is too old to be a Bond Girl, a villainess maybe..... I don't think it would go over big with the fans.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

Dr. No wrote:
kater23 wrote:It's too obvious..they would never cast Weisz as a Bond girl..or would they? :?
She is too old to be a Bond Girl, a villainess maybe..... I don't think it would go over big with the fans.
Babs would never go for it. Why you ask... Because if Weisz was on set Babs can't flirt.
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Good points on the age thing, and Babs not being able to flirt.Plus, Babs would get called out on casting Mrs. Cregg and they'd have her bang to rights(heh heh..I said "Bang".) :mrgreen:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That's a good point :lol: Property Of A Lady: the Craig tug of war :mrgreen:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This was posted on the official 007 Facebook page a few days ago. I kept meaning to post it here and then forgetting.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the release of the soundtrack to DR NO and Universal Music Enterprise are set to delight Bond fans by reissuing remastered 180-gram LP’s of DR NO (1962), GOLDFINGER (1964) and LIVE AND LET DIE (1973).
All three albums will be released with replicated original LP art, while in the U.S GOLDFINGER and LIVE AND LET DIE will also be released in high resolution digital audio, exclusively on HDtracks.com.
DR NO, GOLDFINGER and LIVE AND LET DIE will be available on April 16th in North America, and globally on May 6th.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

fan uncovers M’s real name from Skyfall scene

Post by Goldeneye »

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/07/james-bon ... e-3714729/
Mystery has long surrounded 007’s mentor, known only by her codename M, but her real name has been unveiled as Olivia Mansfield.
A fan freeze-framed a single camera shot in Skyfall, lasting just a split-second, during a scene where Bond (Daniel Craig) is given a box containing a Royal Doulton bulldog draped in a British flag, which usually sits on M’s (Judi Dench) desk.
Blogger Phil Noble Jr spotted the name while watching Skyfall.

Blogger Phil Noble Jr zoomed in to find the words ‘From the Estate of Olivia Mansfield Bequeathed to James Bond’ on the box’s inscription.

Meg Simmons, archive director for Bond production company Eon, said: ‘We’ve searched around and as far as we can see this is the first and only time anyone’s ever revealed M’s real name.

‘It may not have been spoken, but if you were watching on a big enough screen it could have been visible, so we’d argue it’s now canon.’

The discovery has sparked speculation among other Bond fans that M’s codename could be a tribute to Mansfield Smith-Cumming, the first head of MI6, who signed letters with the letter C.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Pretty sure this isn't news, and that it was reported a while back, shortly after the DVD release. Does this mean that Olivia Mansfield is the rebooted M, while Barbara Mawdesley was Brosnan's M?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Forgive me for not posting a link to this story, but I tried copying and pasting the URL, and it ended up crashing my phone. Anyway, Yahoo News has a story that Christopher Nolan is "in informal talks" to direct the next Bond film. The source was Baz Bamigboye, which at one time would make me dismiss it instantly, but he was mostly right about Skyfall. However, "informal talks" ain't worth a hill of beans, so it's still best to wait for an official announcement.

Edit: Given that Nolan is producing Man of Steel, and tends to reuse the same actors, I reckon these talks, if they come to anything, represent the best chance of getting Cavill in as Bond. Surely EON would even throw Lady Broccoli's Lover under the bus if it meant a Nolan Bond film?

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg is signed for 2 more films though, unless they tell him to get lost after Bond 24.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg is signed for 2 more films though, unless they tell him to get lost after Bond 24.
He described it "a contract I can wipe my arse on if I want". I suspect that if Nolan were to make it a condition of directing the next film that he gets to choose his own Bond, Egg's contract would be renegotiated faster than you could say "Had a great fall". Of course there are an awful lot of ifs in that scenario, but I think it's within the bounds of possibility nonetheless.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg is signed for 2 more films though, unless they tell him to get lost after Bond 24.
He described it "a contract I can wipe my arse on if I want". I suspect that if Nolan were to make it a condition of directing the next film that he gets to choose his own Bond, Egg's contract would be renegotiated faster than you could say "Had a great fall". Of course there are an awful lot of ifs in that scenario, but I think it's within the bounds of possibility nonetheless.

It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It's possible. Especially with a big name like Nolan who said he want to do his own bond / new actor and crew but he id probably in love with Craig :roll:

I don't think so. He can't come right out and say it, of course, but I get the distinct impression from comments he's made in the past that he's not a big fan of Craig.
I do too but at this point I wouldn't bet against Craig coming back although as it was pointed out before everyone thought Brosnan would be back for bond 21 / cr. and I could see a power house like nolan who if he did it would be devoting maybe a decade if he makes more than one film wanting his choice of star, I don't think he'll work like other directors have for bond under the thumb of Barbara and MGW, maybe Craig gas told them he's done because he doesn't like Logan's script or he thinks he done because he linked his bond to dr no.

I don't see Nolan coming on board for one film and I don't think he work for free hell get a huge cut of the profit as he does for everything else he does. It'd be a ton of firsts for eon and bond.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

If Craig makes Bond 24 he will be nearly as old as Brosnan was in DAD , and all the Craig fans said Brosnan was far too old in DAD. So if Nolan does make the next Bond film then it is the perfect time for a new Bond actor and a reboot.
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

If Babs really does try to keep Craig around the way she's planning,eventually one of the Bond films will have Bond needing a Hover Round. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

carl stromberg wrote:If Craig makes Bond 24 he will be nearly as old as Brosnan was in DAD , and all the Craig fans said Brosnan was far too old in DAD. So if Nolan does make the next Bond film then it is the perfect time for a new Bond actor and a reboot.
The GRUNGE phase of the franchise is drawing to a close.
Gala Brand
Lieutenant

Post by Gala Brand »

Kristatos wrote:

The attached article says Nolan "is said to be a fan of Craig's work." Do you have anything you could link to that supports your "distinct impression"?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/james-bond ... 36234.html