Bond News Of The Day Thread

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Craig is such a loser. I thought he was going to make a few Bond movies and get on with his life. Mendes is doing it as his career is dead too - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was awful.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Craig is such a loser. I thought he was going to make a few Bond movies and get on with his life. Mendes is doing it as his career is dead too - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was awful.
Why don't he just knock on J.J. Abrams' door for a role in a Trek movie or TV series?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

You might have to wait a long time for another Trek film FBF. This one underwhelmed.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:You might have to wait a long time for another Trek film FBF. This one underwhelmed.
Hey. I don't hate any Trek. Good or bad, I enjoy all of them, including the sucky ones like Final Frontier.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:You might have to wait a long time for another Trek film FBF. This one underwhelmed.
Hey. I don't hate any Trek. Good or bad, I enjoy all of them, including the sucky ones like Final Frontier.
They are all watchable; although a few television episodes are a bit poor.
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

Daniel Craig has bought a £12 million country estate and mansion? Who wants to be his butler? :D :D

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/James ... z2eE3ZuwiF
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

Powder Puff wrote:Daniel Craig has bought a £12 million country estate and mansion? Who wants to be his butler? :D :D

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/James ... z2eE3ZuwiF
I've got the job. can't wait to serve the hot soup and trifle. :twisted:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: I've got the job. can't wait to serve the hot soup and trifle. :twisted:
Footage of Capt Flandry's first day:

[video][/video]
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: I've got the job. can't wait to serve the hot soup and trifle. :twisted:
Footage of Capt Flandry's first day:

[video][/video]
I always think of that sketch when someone mentions a butler. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

Craig is gearing up for Halloween where he has los of work. Babs is also busy at Halloween....
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Daniel " This is my real face,I don't need a mask for Halloween" Craig! :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Came across this the other day taken from a Naomie Harris interview on the London Evening Standard:

"I’ve heard rumours that I’m going to be out in the field," she teases, "but I haven’t seen a script. Knowing Barbara [Broccoli, the producer], she’s all for women’s lib, isn’t she? She’s extraordinary; she’s completely reinvented the brand, yet kept so true to the essence of what people love about Bond. So I’m sure I won’t be just behind a desk. Or even if I’m behind the desk, there’ll be some twist."

I find this most laughable part: "she’s completely reinvented the brand, yet kept so true to the essence of what people love about Bond."

I don't know where to begin with that!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It says it all Dirty one. She emasculated Bond and empowered the feminine influence in the storyline, unlike what Fleming envisioned for his creation.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

dirtybenny wrote:I find this most laughable part: "she’s completely reinvented the brand, yet kept so true to the essence of what people love about Bond."

I don't know where to begin with that!
This sums it up nicely:

[video][/video]
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:It says it all Dirty one. She emasculated Bond and empowered the feminine influence in the storyline, unlike what Fleming envisioned for his creation.
As Fleming said "these books are for red blooded heterosexuals not for schoolboys" Ironic as this quote was used in the documentary "Everything or Nothing" which Babs signed off on.

Another quote attributed to Fleming I feel quite appropriate "As a result of 50 years of emancipation, feminine qualities were dying out or being transferred to the males. Pansies of both sexes were everywhere, not yet completely homosexual, but confused not knowing what they were. The result was a herd of unhappy sexual misfits... the women wanting to dominate and the men to be nannied."

And now 50 years later his own creation the epitome of masculinity has done the same, sad very sad.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Moneypenny in the field?

Wasn't it made clear that Moneypenny wasn't field agent material?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Yes, but anything goes in the warped minds of Logan and Broccoli. I am still awaiting Bond being shown in bed with a man by this regime.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Their idea of a Jinx spin-off failed, so I suppose they figure making Moneypenny into a Jinx type of character is the next best alternative to shove a lame idea down peoples throats.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Saint 007 wrote:Their idea of a Jinx spin-off failed, so I suppose they figure making Moneypenny into a Jinx type of character is the next best alternative to shove a lame idea down peoples throats.
That what I thought when I heard they made Monneypenny a field agent the remembrance of the characters 10 years apart can't be a coincidence.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thomas Newman confirmed for Bond 24: http://www.tjbd.co.uk/news/david-arnold ... ond-24.htm

Not that there was really much doubt with Mendes returning. He always uses Newman, just as Steven Spielberg always uses John Williams and Tim Burton always uses Danny Elfman.

Sent from my phone - please excuse the lack of formatting.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig