Daniel Craig in drag

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Daniel Craig in drag

Post by Kristatos »

Powder Puff wrote:I don't think Danny could make a living as a drag act.
Will Danny (la) Rue the day he ever agreed to appear in this stupid ad?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

The way things are going I wouldn't be suprised to see D Craig emerging from the sea in a white Bikini for Bond 23.
Sure I know Austin Powers did it, But he did it for Laughs, Eon would be doing it to show empathy to their female audiance.
katied

Post by katied »

Thunderpussy wrote:The way things are going I wouldn't be suprised to see D Craig emerging from the sea in a white Bikini for Bond 23.
Sure I know Austin Powers did it, But he did it for Laughs, Eon would be doing it to show empathy to their female audiance.

I am already boycotting Bond 23 because of Babs and Danielle's(heh) stunt. That would send me over the edge. :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

I wonder does Danielle now get moody and irritated once a Month. Or was he always like that :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

Nah..he's always like that. :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:The way things are going I wouldn't be suprised to see D Craig emerging from the sea in a white Bikini for Bond 23.
He already did that... when he emerged in that light blue horrible swimming attire in CR. Remember how he became a gay icon for that? Yeah. The bikini wouldn't go down so well. And if they want to show empathy for the female audience there's only one thing to do: get rid of Craig and give us HENRY CAVILL shirtless at the beach for heaven's sakes!!
"Are we on coms?"
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Alessandra wrote:He already did that... when he emerged in that light blue horrible swimming attire in CR. Remember how he became a gay icon for that?
How did he become a gay icon from that? From what I recall most of the responses he got from that were heterosexual females. I should know, my mom happened to be one of them hooting for Craig in those trunks.
And if they want to show empathy for the female audience there's only one thing to do: get rid of Craig and give us HENRY CAVILL shirtless at the beach for heaven's sakes!!
So, it's only good if Cavill does it? Cavill fangirl to the end I see. :P :wink: Nothing wrong with that.

Besides, Daniel Craig isn't the first to emerge from the beach in blue swim trunks. That was first mastered by the ultimate Bond himself.

Mulli
New Recruit

Post by Mulli »

Alessandra wrote: get rid of Craig and give us HENRY CAVILL shirtless at the beach for heaven's sakes!!
Well he doesn't have to be shirtless, but give us Cavill over Craig.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I always threaten my Kids if they Don't Behave on a Beach I'll put on my D Craig Shorts, this Normally keeps them in line as I'm more John Candy than Henry Cavill. 8)
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

I've offered Daniel Craig a theatre run with his Craig-N-Furter act. :D
Charles Vine
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No through On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Post by Charles Vine »

I've a little prediction: Don't be surprised if at least one of the former Bonds cheers Craig's bravery for doing this ad.
Reading and watching Bond since the mid-1960s.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I first watched some of the advert with the sound cutting in and out and I genuinely thought it was something Craig had done for Comic Relief at first. Very surreal film.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I'm sure Eon are now on the phone to all past Bonds to get someone to Help Craig out, As Charles Vine Predicted. and as 007 said it is surreal, I still can't believe they Did it :cry:
It would be like Michael Ball who does a lot of work for breast cancer ( I'll apologise if this is Offencive ) Putting on a Pair of Comedy Breasts to show men how to have some empathy with their wives, daughters or girlfriends, Bad Idea, Bad Taste, Bad Ad.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I think putting Daniel Craig in drag if anything detracted from the message they were trying to send. People are not speaking about the plight of women in society but instead debating whether or not it was wise to use Crag in that rather humiliating fashion. I don't take DC seriously as Bond at all but if I did it would be a lot more difficult to do so after the terrifying sight of him in that frock.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

I guess we can apply the lumberjack song in monty python to craigs bond now. :lol:

He's james bond & he's ok, he works all night & he works all day.
Bond: i beat up evil, i eat some lunch, i goto the lavatory, m makes me wear womens clothing & hang around in bars.
he beats up evil, he eats some lunch, m makes him wear womens clothing & he hangs around....in bars, he's james bond & he's ...
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I'll be singing that all day now, Shaken not stirred :lol:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Charles Vine wrote:I've a little prediction: Don't be surprised if at least one of the former Bonds cheers Craig's bravery for doing this ad.
My money is on Woody Allen.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

James wrote:
Charles Vine wrote:I've a little prediction: Don't be surprised if at least one of the former Bonds cheers Craig's bravery for doing this ad.
My money is on Woody Allen.
:D
Charles Vine
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No through On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Post by Charles Vine »

Thunderpussy wrote:I'm sure Eon are now on the phone to all past Bonds to get someone to Help Craig out, As Charles Vine Predicted.
It really depends on how much noise this had generated outside of the fan community. There's a probability that most of the general audience for Bond worldwide still has not seen the ad or read about it. That's why I want Eon to place it at the head of BOND 23 (which, please, let it be titled THE PROPERTY OF A LADY, so that we can have another laugh). Place it before the film to let the world know what idiots you are and what you truly think of the character. I challenge them to do this really brave act instead of playing to their crowd and getting pc applause from their pc friends.
Reading and watching Bond since the mid-1960s.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

Mulli wrote:
Alessandra wrote: get rid of Craig and give us HENRY CAVILL shirtless at the beach for heaven's sakes!!
Well he doesn't have to be shirtless, but give us Cavill over Craig.
Cavill is Superman and Craig is being forced to dress as a woman so he had the last laugh. I don't know why Mulli, but I have a strange feeling we've met somewhere before.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming