Daniel Craig in drag

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Daniel Craig in drag

Post by FormerBondFan »

FormerBondFan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 am

Alessandra wrote:
I am a liberal but I don't want artsy Bond movies and I don't go watch artsy movies for the sake of it.

If you want to make an artsy Bond, use the traditional type Bond like Sean or Pierce. And CR is not what I call an artsy Bond, but rather it's an EVIL propaganda to corrupt the minds of the younger audience.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

FormerBondFan wrote:FormerBondFan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 am

Alessandra wrote:
I am a liberal but I don't want artsy Bond movies and I don't go watch artsy movies for the sake of it.

If you want to make an artsy Bond, use the traditional type Bond like Sean or Pierce. And CR is not what I call an artsy Bond, but rather it's an EVIL propaganda to corrupt the minds of the younger audience.
Exactly. I don't think CR is an artsy Bond either, it really is cheap propaganda... you stated it perfectly. They just picked whatever they thought would be easier to use to rack in the younger audience (Didn't quite work by the way since QoS was far from good for the studio...the trick only lasts so long when the product sucks). Screw Bond and what he is, that was the attitude. Too bad that everyone wanted and EXPECTED a more traditional Bond with QoS, and instead they got an even worse version of (non) Bond. Point is now the situation has drastically changed, since people saw what happened with QoS and clearly stated they weren't ok with it, first by making the movie book a loss at box office, then by refusing to make it better by buying the DVD. Considering DVD sales for QoS were a disaster, I'd say it's unlikely they will settle for something similar this time around. So all depends on trailer, publicity, that type of thing as far as the general public is concerned. They won't have the same advertising budget as last time around, that's for sure. AND they are up against stiff competition. I don't think they can do any more than ok, and with the situation at Sony now, it remains to be seen IF and WHEN they sign a distribution agreement, and what it entails. I am unsure they will make it at this point, mainly because of the tragedy in Japan. But, even considering they made it, it surely wouldn't be the same type of agreement they would have signed before. Sony is forced to cut on spending at this point, seen the situation, so all depends on whether this will impact their movie and film production sector, too, or not.
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

Bond77 wrote:Bond77 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm
bjmdds wrote:bjmdds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 am
Brocolli went after O'Reilly about Cindy Sheehan? Interesting. As soon as Bush left office the liberal media turned against her protesting the Oh-bama, and that leftist moron Charley Gibson on ABC news told her to 'give it a rest' once Oh-bama was elected. The more I find out about this woman the more I resent her and the more I want her out of Eon. You can now put her head on the body of a skunk. I would not insult the centaur I once thought of. Is MGW like this as well? I think this guy is a pushover to his kid sist
My goodness, is this true? I'm led to believe it. Just watching what has been done to James Bond the past few years is evidence enough. Quantum of Solace was a big piece of...evidence (almost went somewhere else with that) that Broccoli is now using James Bond for her political activism. Obviously, the PSA is the most obvious piece of...evidence.

I wish Broccoli would take my advice. She should make Bond films like her father did and make a boat load of money. Then she could use that money and make all the films she wanted, between Bond films, promoting her post-materialist views. Combining her views with James Bond has only led to a disastrous product.

She won't do this though. She's allegedly too busy pestering Bill O'Reilly. :roll:
Monday- 03/05/2007 -I didn't catch all of it as I was working at the time -fox was the channel on as I was clearing the bar -gist was she was writing to complain of his treatment of Sheehan and had her facts wrong -it was a standard knee-jerk liberal reaction at the time for some reason she had to take it up.

Nobody had this story -none of the bond forums caught it -purposely ignored it maybe. Maybe someone can write to Bill to get a copy of the email.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:[
Monday- 03/05/2007 -I didn't catch all of it as I was working at the time -fox was the channel on as I was clearing the bar -gist was she was writing to complain of his treatment of Sheehan and had her facts wrong -it was a standard knee-jerk liberal reaction at the time for some reason she had to take it up.

Nobody had this story -none of the bond forums caught it -purposely ignored it maybe. Maybe someone can write to Bill to get a copy of the email.
Oh Barbara. :roll:
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Alessandra wrote:by Alessandra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 am
Well O'Reilly is a complete jackass (and I'm being kind) so in that sense I can't blame Broccoli. I blame her because she is a public figure and a businesswoman (uh, yeah I know, I'm just being generous) and she shouldn't mix up whatever her political feelings or views are with doing her effing job. I am a liberal but I don't want artsy Bond movies and I don't go watch artsy movies for the sake of it. And I also detest extremists, no matter what side they are on. I've always loved Bond for what he is, womanizing included, and I always will. Being liberal does NOT equal hating a well-made, entertaining, witty, fast-paced action movie, it does not equal not valuing what class, education and style and it most certainly does not equal destroying the work of your father. The problem with Broccoli aren't her political views per se (though she is an extremist and I detest that) it's the fact she is a spoiled bratt with very little intelligence. NO matter what political side she is on, that is what causes the problem.

This Craig in drag thing is the result of her stupidity and her total lack of self-confidence. Self-confident women don't need to resort to this low type of trick to make a stance. Woman doesn't know what class and subtlety are, and it shows in the choices she makes for Bond as well. Starting from picking her totally inadequate crush to play Bond. It's such an insulting attitude for women in general, too. I better stop, this really makes me furious. :evil:
O'Reilly v. Broccoli. Who is the "Patriot" and who is the "Pinhead" in this situation? I'm voting "Patriot" for O'Reilly. I am not a fan of O'Reilly, but Broccoli should spend more time getting the Bond franchise in order instead of e-mailing Fox New commentators.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It's back! somebody reposted the story yesterday, it got picked up at some of the forums I go to. Surprising how many did not know about this.
http://news.moviefone.com/2012/03/08/da ... 32995.html
Daniel Craig In Drag: James Bond Star Celebrates Women's Day (VIDEO)
As written by Ian Flemming -- and embodied on screen by Sean Connery and Roger Moore -- no one would confused James Bond with a women's lib type of guy. (Ahem, "Goldfinger" Bond Girl, Pussy Galore.)

Fortunately, our James Bond is a bit different. To honor the 100th anniversary of Women's Day (which is really a thing), let's look back at Bond star Daniel Craig's female transformation.

With narration from Judi Dench as her tough-mom Bond character, M, Craig appears as the dashing Bond, and then -- through the magic of editing -- appears in drag, sporting a blonde wig and rather nice stems heels.

Just goes to show you that Mr. Bond is willing to put his money (penny!) where his mouth is.
............ :007:
The Old Fakir
New Recruit

Post by The Old Fakir »

A new serious spy thriller series could have been made with Daniel craig......and the Bond series could have continued also with another actor/
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Old Fakir wrote:A new serious spy thriller series could have been made with Daniel craig......and the Bond series could have continued also with another actor/
How do you mean? Like another series by Eon using Craig as the main spy and someone like Henry Cavill continuing Bond?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.