The names Bond, Gavin Bond....

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

The names Bond, Gavin Bond....

Post by carl stromberg »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 007_pg9_14

The name’s Bond...

A British man has become a local celebrity in Croatia because his surname is Bond. Gavin Bond, 38, a builder from London moved to the village of Mokrice looking for a change in his life and had no idea his name would bring him instant fame.

He has been invited to civic dinners and locals flock to visit the wooden hut he shares with two stray dogs. He said: “My first name isn’t even James but it makes no difference it seems. People didn’t believe me when I said my name was Bond, and when I showed them my passport they loved it.

“I have been invited to civic dinners and even had an offer to open a supermarket - just because my name is Bond. People come and visit me in my hut with my two dogs just to say: ‘Hello Mr Bond’.”

He added: “I don’t care if people compare me to the secret agent - why not - I make it clear that I am nothing to do with James Bond but they still want to treat me like a star.” ananova
Bring back Bond!
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I'd like to hear Samantha's experience with the name.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Bond...Gavin Bond!
Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Maybe he's one of Jims long lost relatives...aunt Charmaines off spring or something. :wink: