GQ: Craig world's best dressed!

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

GQ: Craig world's best dressed!

Post by carl stromberg »

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archiv ... _icon.html

David Cameron world's second best dressed man:

David Cameron has come second in GQ magazine's list of the world's best-dressed men.

The men's magazine's Charlie Porter - who also writes for the Guardian - was positively effusive about the Conservative leader's style: "Behold! Here's a politician who understands the news agenda is set as much by appearance as it is by words. He impressed our voters with his consistently improved appearance."

And Nicholas Coleridge, managing director of Conde Nast, which publishes GQ, added firmly: "David Cameron is well-dressed. Smart in an understated, modern, fit-for-purpose kind of way."

Well-dressed? In common with male politicians across the western world, the Tory leader's default outfit is a fairly sober suit. But in the glacial world of men's fashion his occasional decision to dispense with his tie is an innovation to rival the splitting of the atom and the test-tube baby, and has been adopted by his shadow cabinet and copied by his rivals.

Like everything else in his campaign to rehabilitate the Conservative party - from his media-friendly gesture politics to the kitchen-sink videos on Webcameron - Cameron's clothing seems carefully stage-managed.

Some of his choices - such as his calculated use of Converse All Stars, which almost cancelled out the fashion cachet Kurt Cobain had given the brand by dying in a pair - have seemed a little forced, but it must be said that Dave looks genuinely at ease in the informal blue shirts and sports-casual jackets he often appears in. That's pretty rare in British politics.

GQ has boosted Cameron's profile before, with a cover spot and the tagline "Is David Cameron tough enough to be prime minister?" - a question whose answer the Tory leader's rather diffident gaze seemed to suggest might be no.

But the magazine's new survey brought less good news for Gordon Brown, the likely next Labour leader. He came second in the accompanying worst-dressed list; although, as is often the way with such awards, Cameron was also number six in that run-down.

For the record, Cameron beat such style icons as Jude Law, David Beckham and Pete Doherty to the top of the best-dressed list, although he was denied the top place by the charismatic James Bond star Daniel Craig.

And, just in case you're tempted to do some further research, be careful where you are when you type "cameron gq" into Google Image Search. Strangely, pictures of the Tory leader are rather less common than those of a more popular men's magazine cover star: Cameron Diaz.

It's a funny old world isn't it? :shock:
Bring back Bond!
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I'm not suprised that Craig was number 1, but I am very suprised at the number 2...... :shock:
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

Craig had a tie and a leather jacket on in that Empire magazine picture the other day. He looked like Ian Mcshane in Lovejoy. Are they having a laugh?

Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Here you go.
:arrow: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6517341.stm

That fills us in on the news here.
Not David Cameron coming in second. :roll: But who came in first. :D
paco chaos
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by paco chaos »

I think Craig looks well dressed in the films, but when he was on Late show with David Letterman, he looked sloppy. blue denim jeans with a sport coat and tie. yuck. what is this? Dukes of Hazzard meets James Bond?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

paco chaos wrote:I think Craig looks well dressed in the films, but when he was on Late show with David Letterman, he looked sloppy. blue denim jeans with a sport coat and tie. yuck. what is this? Dukes of Hazzard meets James Bond?
Agreed, one of the few times he showed such odd style. At least he kept his class at the premieres.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/Feb06/ ... ig_273.jpg

Makes you wonder why he's voted #1

But then I noticed this and he doesn't look that bad. :wink:

http://team.commanderbond.net/evan.will ... poster.jpg