Brosnan v Craig article

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

The Sweeney wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:My problem/s with Craig is that he's completely misscast as James Bond, and that he's a jerk in real life too.
Why do you think he is a jerk in real life?
Because he never seems to show any respect for Bond fans. He's always saying stupid things like that he wants to punch a fan when they ask him if he prefers his drinks shaken or stired. I understand that it's probably annoying to be asked the same questions over and over, but you never heard Lazenby, Moore, Dalton or Brosnan saying things like that. I know that Connery got annoyed by some fans and media, but I still never heard him saying that he wanted to punch the fans.

There are just too many classless things that I've heard Craig say that suggests that he has little respect for the fans or the Bond role it's self.

I'm not saying that Craig is evil. But overall I think he's a jerk.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:I know that Connery got annoyed by some fans and media, but I still never heard him saying that he wanted to punch the fans.
No, he just punches directors instead.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

Kristatos wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:I know that Connery got annoyed by some fans and media, but I still never heard him saying that he wanted to punch the fans.
Actually, I have always thought that Connery is a jerk too. Loved him as Bond, but a jerk as a person.

I would say as far as how good of a person any of them are that Craig and Connery are the worst. At least from what I've heard.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

There are a lot of actors, artists and such that are real jerks. Mel Gibson seems like a jerk, but that doesn't effect my enjoyment of many films he was involved in. I still love the Lethal Weapons and others.

But then again, I can't stand Halle Berry at all. I can separate the artist from their work, but Halle Berry destroys that work just so she could whore herself on film. She wanted a larger part alongside Hugh Jackman in X-Men 3 and would leave if she didn't get her demands. Director Bryan Singer said "no, you came in as a supporting actress, that's what you remain no matter if you won an Oscar." But because FOX likes to get in the way of production as usual, they were pushing Singer and his crew around so they could keep Halle Berry's "star power" in the film. This one of the many reasons Bryan Singer and co left working on the third film to go do something else because of a studio and diva brat's tampering with the creative work. And so we ended up getting a very dire third film that threw away anything remotely humanly interesting of the first two in favor for mediocre action sequences and redundant scenes made purely to extend Halle Berry's screentime. Sounds like a great actress to work with huh?

If I were an executive and she started making insane demands I would tell her "after that Catwoman movie, why should I listen to you?"
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Actually, I have always thought that Connery is a jerk too. Loved him as Bond, but a jerk as a person.

I would say as far as how good of a person any of them are that Craig and Connery are the worst. At least from what I've heard.
Who cares..... :roll: