Daniel Craig in drag

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
katied

Re: Daniel Craig in drag

Post by katied »

Blowfeld wrote:I thought Daniel looked very poorly, recent pictures of him he has looked...scrawny may be the word. He definitely has lost the bulk he put on for CR if he is serious about Bond 23 Daniel better hit the gym.

Does anybody know when they made this PSA? It feels like it was thrown together last minute.

Apparently it was directed by DC's friend Sam Taylor Wood. Nepotism, anyone? :down:
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

"Bond's fondness for women"
Fondness for women?I don't get that from Craig's Bond.
Charles Vine
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No through On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Post by Charles Vine »

First of all, howdy....

Second of all, does the TOS here allow for strong swear words? (Which would be part of my reaction to Craig as Drag Bond).
Reading and watching Bond since the mid-1960s.
katied

Post by katied »

Charles Vine wrote:First of all, howdy....

Second of all, does the TOS here allow for strong swear words? (Which would be part of my reaction to Craig as Drag Bond).

And a big howdy back :cheers: I feel you on wanting to use stronger words to describe that video. But I think a good non-sweary word is atrocious.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

We have a swear filter to block most common swear words. Usually it works well, with the exception being a few of our more inventive members ;)

Welcome to the forum Charles Vine! :cheers:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Charles! It's about time you left MI6 and showed up here! We are one of the FEW rational Bond sites on the internet. Make yourself a regular here Chuck! I have wanted you to join in for a long time. :cheers:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Welcome to the forum charles. :cheers:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Charles Vine
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No through On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Post by Charles Vine »

Thanks, all and bjmdds. You see what Dan getting a dressing down from Judy does for one!
Reading and watching Bond since the mid-1960s.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:

We have a swear filter to block most common swear words. Usually it works well, with the exception being a few of our more inventive members ;)

Yes welcome. I should add that members have the opportunity to turn off the swear filter if, like me, seeing strings of asterisks in posts about Scunthorpe bothers them more than actual swear words do.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Just watched the video. (best Higgins voice)Oh My God!
That was wrong in so many ways. Why would Bond be M's equal she is his boss and sends him off to die. I also assume she and Moneypenny make more money than Bond.

It reminds me of The Critic a spin off of teh Simpsons in the early 90s there was james Bond sexual harassment pariody. I believe it had Pierce as bond before he actually got the job. I wish I could find a video of it.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:

Yes welcome. I should add that members have the opportunity to turn off the swear filter if, like me, seeing strings of asterisks in posts about Scunthorpe bothers them more than actual swear words do.
Why I didn't know this! I hate the asterisks! I will have to check. :mrgreen:

And I said welcome in BJ's thread, but once again won't hurt, so welcome, Mr Vine, pleasure to meet you! :D

This drag thing is just out of control. It's stupid and nonsensical to begin with. What could have been a good message to carry across has been rendered superficial and just outright stupid by the way they chose to deliver it. The drag makes everything just superficial and a joke, and on top of it, it also trashes James Bond's character.

By the way I left a comment on the deadline.com piece but somehow it disappeared? :shock: Censorship! :lol: Weird, I was agreeing with them so it's strange. Was probably just a glitch and I can't be bothered to type it again! :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

[off topic] I'm not offended by the swear words but I use asterisks when I post a offensive words just in case[/off topic] :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Although this is not the first time I've seen D Craig and thought Drag, (In my best 60's Hippy voice ) "Watching QOS, WAS a Drag, Man " Or will the Title for Bond 23 now Be "Property of a Lady .... " as clearly Bond is now M's B***H. :lol:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Coping a few of the post on this topic from BJ's thread.
Blowfeld this looks like much bigger story than you first thought. This maybe the straw that break the back.
shaken not stirred wrote:Woah some posters at m16 want babs, purvis and wade out of bond now and see it's artsty direction for what it is

Posted: 09 March 2011 03:58 AM Post subject:

One opinion of Khan's I'm 100% identical with him on without question is that I want Babs gone. Enough already, and it's just gonna get worse. Bond is a secret agent who should be going out on missions and doing his job, being trusted to do that job without constant in-house agenda-thumping distraction, and he should be portrayed as a realistically responsible fortysomething adult male in a position of great responsibility as opposed to an errant schoolboy who's fast becoming the Headmistress's prize biatch and whipping boy for the agendas of high-powered female co-workers.

And smack Purvis, Wade and Arnold with the door on your way out. Bond's suffered enough under this artistically ineffective, amateur and often plain redundant reign.

Babs probably had a handbag and a pair of twenty grand shoes made out of him for Dame Judi.

Good old Albert. Never has he been more missed.

Now that I think about it, that little ad pretty much continues the trend harnessed in Craig's Bond trailers - i.e. 007 stares glumly at the screen as Judi Dench's voice over dresses him down for being a very naughty boy. It really is becoming an unwanted meme.

Am 100% with Lazenby. Seriously, and I am sorry for repeating, if this is the direction they are going, they'd better remove "Ian Fleming's James Bond" credit, and replace it with "Barbara Brocolli's James Bond", at least we have the satisfaction of knowing that nobody's p***ing on Fleming's creation

The ad is an embarrassment to the Bond legacy but Babs the feminist hi-jacked the series way back when with GE anyway. She whipped Brozzer but he at least tried to play James Bond and make the best of it.
But Craig is her dream James Bond. Hand picked by Babs. Craig doesn't need whipping. He comes pre-whipped. He's the ultimate pc Bond. He's eagerly embraced the feminization and emasculation of Bond. Its obvious in both his films. He's the anti-Bond. He's the anti-Connery. He's the anti-Moore.
He's the worst case Bond. He is the ultimate feminized Bond. He doesn't even look like Bond but from Babs pov, who cares. He fits her pc image of Bond perfectly. That's more important.
The series is in the dumper and won't be rescued until Babs and her stooge Craig have moved on.
The Babs/Craig era is in full bloom. If fact it might be best for the series if the next film bombs at the box office. That will get rid of Craig, but not necessarily Babs. She might just carry on for another film with a new actor. Maybe the series has to die and be resurrected down the road by someone else.
Where's Kevin McClory when you need him? If he was still alive maybe he could sue Eon out of existence and make a bunch of Bond vs Spectre films and fight Eon over rights to the cat.

Add my name to the growing list that will boycott the next Bond film and all things Eon if both the feminization of the character and the leftist slant of the last film continues.
shaken not stirred wrote:Few more

Bond is being slowly stripped of his masculinity by the current producers and actors. Objectified, humiliated, lectured, and eventually killed. Fleming is no more.

and a really important one

The bottom line is this ad will rear it's ugly head big time, through the media or feminist associations, whenever a future Bond film will feature a sexual innuendo directed at a woman, or any machist comment/action. You cannot deny this ad means a lot to the future of the franchise. As James Bond is now part of the pro-gender equalities mantra, there's going to be a witch hunt of any anti-feminist elements in B23, B24 and further. This ad is also the justification to do alternate release of past Bond films 1962-2002. EON is now slowly, but surely, heading to make alternate versions of past Bond films. The Dink slap in GF will surely go in the next 'ultimate HD' Blu Ray release, the Moore slapping in TMWTGG will go, the "Women drivers" line in TSWLM will go... We are very much heading to the end of the franchise. If, god forbid, EON eventually will make alternate pro-feminist versions of past Bond films, I will give up on my Bond fandom and excitement for new releases, and I will not watch any future Bond outings.

You don't seem to realize, but this ad is a major earthquake for the franchise. It forbids any future writer/director to make any suggestion of sexual innuendoes, or machist elements, it means M will always be played by a woman. And it gives proper justification to EON to make alternate versions of the past 20 Bond films, getting rid of any anti-feminist and machist comment.

This is it. Really. The end of the franchise as we know it is upon us. The day EON will make alternate versions of the past films the only available DVD/Blu Ray versions on the market, and we are evidently heading there, well many people here will be utterly disgusted at the franchise.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

shaken not stirred wrote:James bond in drag, bad idea.com

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/james-b ... ible-idea/

A funny comment on another site

He's a rubbish James Bond. He could try being the bond girl.

A few sites call him bond, jane bond :lol: .
shaken not stirred wrote:
Bond77 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Bond77 wrote:Danielle Craig and his BFF Barbara are ruining this series!
More than that, they corrupted the series. DC's isn't the real target, but the b1tch is.
True. Barbara Blofeld is the evil mastermind behind all of this dreck. Danielle Craig is merely a henchwoman like Rosa Klebb.
I think we need a site called babsbrocoliisabadinfluenceforjamesbond.com now.

Eon: because who needs good films when you can make artsy house ones instead.

or bloodyhellbabs.com

Charles Vine wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Some Eon shill already requested I be banned from CB.net, after 2 posts! Proof positive that site is a joke. If they believe that it is OK for M to wear the pants and Bond wear the pant-ies in a video, good luck to their ignorance.
Those who think Craig IS Bond are in a quandary. There is no way to mistake that with that ad Craig has allowed James Bond to be used and abused. I can't see how one can now be a fan of Craig as Bond and be at mental peace with Craig as Bond being humiliated by Judy Dench's M and compelled to wear a dress. There's a history here, too, which many seem to ignore. Bond has been hated by feminists since he became a worldwide figure. There was a bit of a tango in Brosnan's tenure between the power of M and Bond, but this is payback time full blast. The women have won over this stupid and chauvinistic man. He's being taught a lesson. So, when the obvious truth is brought up, these Craig fans have to strike back by refusing to hear it or listen to the people who speak it.
English Agent wrote:Hi

Just like to say welcome to 'Charles Vine', we wondered when you were going to join this site.

Even though i don't mind Craig in the role of Bond........i'am more worried about the way EON is treating the series.

EA
Alessandra wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Is this Bond as he might appear if Goldfinger's laser had been stopped just a few seconds later?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess that's another idea they have, and you shouldn't be saying it out loud, next movie is going to be about exactly what you said. :shock: They're out of ideas completely and anything recycled will do... of course adjusted so that it does NOT feature the actual James Bond, so this is the perfect occasion. To keep on going with CR and QoS and not display Bond. :roll:

I am absolutely in favor of women's rights and equality (when it's not overdone, I don't much tolerate extremists one way or another) but I think a man dressed in drag, ESPECIALLY if it is James Bond is NOTHING that does anyone any favors. It's a stupid stunt, and on top of it, it's a stunt that uses a character that should NEVER be used this way, no matter what. James Bond is not supposed to be in drag to promote women's rights: he can do so by showing he will protect them AND favor their presence at the highest levels in his organization (after all M IS a woman now, and they can play around with that). He can show how independent and strong the Bond girls were and how many of them helped him save the world. He certainly doesn't need to be in drag to prove an equality point, that's NOT who James Bond is, the end. Not to mention... Craig CANNOT pull this off. Had it been another actor, maybe it would have been more humorous... this has no humor at all so it ends up just insulting the character of James Bond and frankly, doing absolutely nothing to help women. The ways I indicated above would have been far more coherent and organic ways of having Bond stand up for women's rights.

:lol: :lol: about the fanboys sites. Well the two places that shan't be named are both EON shill sites, but CBn in particular. I'm not surprised that's the place where the reaction is more positive: CBn cuts out ANYONE who disagrees and they are the ones who first and foremost promote ANYTHING related to Craig's Bond. The fanboys are totally irrational and immature in the other site, so being way younger too, they are bound to have extreme reactions, positive or in this case (shocking) negative.

Bottomline anyway is this is PATHETIC. That is what it is. Pathetic from the marketing point of view, because it means Barbara Broccoli is a really narrow-minded, stupid woman when it comes to promoting women's rights too, and pathetic because trying to get publicity with something like this is BEYOND sad.
I don't mind Craig and Dench making a commercial about womens rights I have a problem with James Bond and M being used to make essentially a political point. Roger Moore would not have done it.
As I said, I don't mind it either if it is done properly. And properly means, no drag for starters. Sure as hell Sir Roger wouldn't have done it. AND, Cubby would never have asked him to in the first place.
Thunderpussy wrote:I find it so funny how much flack The Craig lovers give Roger Moore for dressing as a clown for Octopussy ( which he didn't want to do but was persuaded ) Yet how Much respect they think Craig should get for IMHO insulting the character of Bond. :roll:
shaken not stirred wrote:
Bond's ghost wrote:Did Barbra Broccoli get permission from Ian Fleming's family and the other people who own the rights to Bond before doing this? I think she did on her own without asking no doubt it damages Bond's image. I thought it was Daniel Craig and Judi Dench doing a stupid ad together I never imagined it would be "James Bond" and "M" making such a ridiculous ad. Never in my wildest dears would did I consider for a moment Eon would reduce James Bond and M to the equivalent of Sesame Street characters in a public service announcement telling children how to sneeze.

Bond is dead long live his ghost :007:
The only way to fix this, hire someone that looks like bond and get them to kill this current one and say he was really a spy for another company or previous bond fell asleep on the plane and woke up from a nightmare that a blonde guy, 5 foot 6 with the personality of a turnip was playing him then we get back to the real timeline and drop the stupid bs new bond timeline when it wasn't broken in the first place.

Yeah it's bloody disgraceful that some are cheering craig on for doing this, he's ruining bonds image even more by using the character for this, get him out of the d**n role now before bond is well and truly nailed into his coffin for beep sake eon :cuss: .

Sorry for the language all but ...this wouldn't happen 10 or 6 years ago now stuff that isn't acceptable is commonplace ruining pretty much everything I used to love, I mean what next darth vadar in a tutu singing poker face, optimus prime doing standup because michael bay doesn't know better or batman reading poetry in his batcave...wths happening to this world :fight: it's like it's really gone to the dogs and the real sane people are the ones who have to sit by and watch it happen due to now being in the minority and really stupid people do whatever they want and people applaud it, tv's dead because it's been taken over by look at me I'm on a camera herp derp that's all now I'm famous, as a nation the UKs become a joke.

It's a shame that influences of bond can be seen in Tony stark in ironman (awesome films) ie the thing we loved about bond, he was cool, got the girl, didn't take life too seriously but knew there were dangers and like tony stark lived life to the full since he wasn't sure if and when he could die, now all we've got is a living corpse slowly rotting away who sounds about as happy as droopy the dog, as sadistic as a common baddy in diehard with the comic wit of tommy wiseau (oh hai bond :roll: ) u are tearing me apart eon :lol: .
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Goldeneye
Coping a few of the post on this topic from BJ's thread.
Blowfeld this looks like much bigger story than you first thought. This maybe the straw that break the back
Craig and Barbara will go on regardless - Craig's Bond is like Michael Myers as he keeps coming back after you think he's gone. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

And this Queen B1tch will continue to spread this DC virus.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

It's good to see some people getting upset about the Direction Babs is taking Bond, as Others have pointed out. It would seem she's re-inventing Bond to her own taste and forgetting about The Fleming Character.
Thankfully a few more people are begining to see the Emperor is in the altogether,as PT Barnum said
"you can fool some of the people all the time,you can fool all of the people some of the time, But you can't fool all the people all the time "
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

This thing has exploded in Babs's face in a way I don't think she anticipated at all. She probably thought of herself as a heroine for doing this. Except as a woman I am extremely irritated by the way she picked to promote something that is a serious and important matter. She made women look bad with M's behaviour in that video, seen as M is behaving like the worst of men would when discriminating a woman. I am sick and tired of these soi-disantes feminists who are just extremist women who do not know how to behave like an actually empowered woman would, and who do not know how to keep their GRACE and their FEMININITY while being competent and successful. I'm just sick and tired of this. AND on top of it, to prove a wrong point (being like a man is not what makes men and women equal, quite the opposite), they trashed Bond's character. The whole thing is so stupid, nonsensical and badly executed that I can't think MGM didn't see through it. I really do think they did it on purpose, maybe even encouraged Babs to do this, because they knew it would backfire. If that's not the case, then she unwillingly gave MGM a BIG hand in the war against her.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Charles Vine wrote:Thanks, all and bjmdds. You see what Dan getting a dressing down from Judy does for one!
Brocolli's folly was our gain Charles! Post often, post your feelings, and be glad you are amongst friends here! :cheers: :yay: