Bond News Of The Day Thread

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Napoleon Solo wrote:This line in the MI6 story caught my eye:

//Studio executives have been alluding to a return to the two-year cycle to produce the 007 adventures, which would peg Bond 24 as a late 2014 release.
//

They didn't allude to anything. They flat-out announced it at a gathering of theater chain executives. (MI6 ran a story about it at the time.)

Then, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig commented. BB had her usual "northing's been announced" comment while Craig said the Sony executive got ahead of himself.
They also have the number of movies in Danno's contract wrong.

MGM and Sony need Bond to be viewed as productive/in production, for the studios well being they need this fiction to be in someway credible. The key question of who stars in the movies (since Craig can be dismissed after Skyfall) comes down to money and ease, will it be easier to make it with Craig or not, followed by does it make financial sense.

Thing about Craig is he is a prickly pear -a very difficult "talent" to handle and he goes off on sour notes and sulks about doing PR. He's not a big enough talent to demand the attention required to keep him moving forward. He had better be on his game promoting this movie, be affable and charming every stop. Almost impossible for him.

He also is hosting SNL last I heard, :twisted: Big step for him and not what he is used to at all, it's a very arduous scheduled on a demanding production set. I don't think he'll have the chops to pull it off. He is scheduled for 3 days after the first presidential debates, for the love god don't let Danny boy show up in black face. :twisted:
For the sake of the frachise Danny needs to take it easy on being involved in any political controversy / content . With his lack of ability at these kinds of productions I'd imagine he setting back stage on his duff most of the show sweating his next scene while letting the main cast take on the political satire they have to do during the election season.

SNL with Babs Boy Lollipop will be interesting if only because it is so far out of his comfort zone, plenty of better actors have gone there and bombed. Of course he could just get a cold -I suppose Alec Baldwin steps in.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DC on SNL? Eee gads no :!: :roll: FBF, release the Kraken :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:DC on SNL? Eee gads no :!: :roll: FBF, release the Kraken :!:
Hopefully, he'll be so dire that it will actually hurt SF's box office.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:DC on SNL? Eee gads no :!: :roll: FBF, release the Kraken :!:
Hopefully, he'll be so dire that it will actually hurt SF's box office.
I can guess what Daniel Craig will be like on SNL - probably the same as this person if he appeared on it:

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It could be Adele after all according to this story, though bear in mind that it comes from The Sun, which has a long history of publishing bogus Bond stories.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Everyone expects it to be her if its not I think there will be some disappointment.

If they chose somebody else it might be more interesting Adele is everywhere I'm so tired of hearing her all the time. A new song that wasn't man hating might be a good change of pace.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's her. No big secret. It will quickly be hyped, then fall off as fast as weekend 2 for Bond 23 in the USA. FBF should have wrapped the theme with Busta Rhymes :!: Eon will pay off the Academy to nominate it for best song as well. It won't matter FBF. Do not get hysterical if it is. It's Hollywood politics.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Has anyone seen the new Bond 50th Anniversary Repackage] blu-ray covers? Amazon.com has them up. You'd have to do a search for 50th Anniversary Repackage linky
IMO the Connery and Moore covers looks pretty classic, Dalton and Brosnan don't looks as good.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Omega wrote:Has anyone seen the new Bond 50th Anniversary Repackage] blu-ray covers? Amazon.com has them up. You'd have to do a search for 50th Anniversary Repackage linky
IMO the Connery and Moore covers looks pretty classic, Dalton and Brosnan don't looks as good.
The new covers are okay, but look a little modern for my taste. Personally, I think it would have been cool to have illustrated cover art. After all, it is the 50th anniversary, so they should do something special.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I think the best were the SE DVDs 90s to 2002
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Dr. No wrote:I think the best were the SE DVDs 90s to 2002
I like the booklets that came with the Special Edition DVDs. I think the Ultimate Edition DVD covers aren't too bad looking either.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The booklets were cool. Although some like the YOLT SE had Bond holding a glock on the cover. I can't think of the last movie we got with a booklet
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Like the repackaged Blu Rays-they're pretty reasonable as well-under $20 a pop-you could kind of pick and choose the ones you wanted and not break the bank. :up:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I got the 11 movies out now for $40 shipped on ebay :yay: . Poor dude listed them wrong maybe but the new set has people dumping their old sets a lot of copies out there.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

There's a big piece about Bond in today's Times. I saw it at my local library, and so don't have a copy in front of me, but there was an interesting quote from Honor Blackman in there about how Daniel Craig is a very good actor, but not really Bond, and that the way he plays the character is not how Ian Fleming wrote him.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Which will be more collectable? the 11 movie as the were on blu-ray, content, disc art, cover art?
Of the new 50th set assuming it is only produced for one year?

The original 11 might have unique content that is removed from the new 50th set, the new 50th set has new menus and artwork, but the content of those disc will be re-release in the new single releases,,,,,,,.. :?:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:There's a big piece about Bond in today's Times. I saw it at my local library, and so don't have a copy in front of me, but there was an interesting quote from Honor Blackman in there about how Daniel Craig is a very good actor, but not really Bond, and that the way he plays the character is not how Ian Fleming wrote him.
I think she said the same sentiments not too long ago. Glad she is sticking to her guns
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Four weeks to the UK release........no Connery...........no advanced heightened frenzy............no big deal.......... :down:
If the reviews are good, we are totally screwed, meaning we'll go for the weirdos as Bond.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

VUDU (digital movie distribution) has the Bond collection up today for purchase. HDX copies are available, HDX for those who don't know is more or less equivalent picture to Blu-ray. $13.99 each for HDX.

Not a great deal if you know your way around a burner , the reason I'm saying something about it there was one interesting this about their collection, it has QOS but no CR, it also includes NSNA.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Skyfall has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for "intense violent sequences throughout, some sexuality, language and smoking". No surprises there.