Bond News Of The Day Thread

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
katied

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by katied »

Sick bucket? more like a sick trash can(rubbish bin), the way that some fans go on on on. :cuss:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

You said a MOUTHFUL MP :!:
katied

Post by katied »

LOL reading some of the pro-Craig stuff, both here and elsewhere, makes me throw up in my mouth. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:Craig looking like Sid James :lol:

On some forums the Craig fan Boys are wetting themselves with excitement.
" Very Dark and Moody " But wasn't that QOS ?
Same Sh*t repackaged and sent out to the drones.
I can't believe the reaction to this trailer. It's not just on the fanboy boards, it's all over the intertubes. Look at the cinematography! "Some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first" - OMG best movie dialogue since Casablanca!!!11eleven

Pass the sick bucket.
The key to box office success is repeat viewings. After one look at the ACTUAL pathetic Mendes/Eon mess, it will be all over, especially once the vampires take center stage the following week and relegating most of the female viewers to Twilight's ending film. One weekend for Bond 23, then it's straight downhill, and quick. The Hobbit will nail the coffin shut on Bond 23.
First things first, we need MORE and MORE bad reviews before Bond 23 releases in the UK.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Katied wrote :
"LOL reading some of the pro-Craig stuff, both here and elsewhere, makes me throw up in my mouth. "

:cheers:

If I was D Craig I'd be worried as some of the praise from the Fan boys borders on Stalking/obsessive Bromance . :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

True that.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the guy is a terrible actor.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

you're preaching to the choir with Me, :lol:

He's a character actor and should of been left playing the sad friend of the lead actor, that sort of thing.
He's not top of the bill material and it seems Most of the cinema going audiences agree with us, NOT the fanboys.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Thunderpussy wrote:you're preaching to the choir with Me, :lol:

He's a character actor and should of been left playing the sad friend of the lead actor, that sort of thing.
He's not top of the bill material and it seems Most of the cinema going audiences agree with us, NOT the fanboys.
He should be working as an extra - that's his level. :twisted:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

He does have a face for radio. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

His face could sink a thousand ships. :twisted:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
A Crag-like face wrote: That line is the worst written line in any Bond film, ever, and the F^$%#ing film hasn't even been released yet. Craig's mumbling delivery somehow manages to make the line even worse, which is a tremendous feat. The lines in Cannon Films' scripts from the 80s starring Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris are great thespian material compared to this stuff. Hell, I think I'm going to go watch Death Wish 4 right now just to wash the memory of that teaser trailer out of my brain.
Oh, I think Haggis's "little finger" line was worse. But I've seen writers praise this f**king line (the Skyfall one that is). Paul Cornell, a writer whose work on Doctor Who I absolutely love, tweeted "that line is so Fleming". The world has gone mad.
I think this is the danger with SF. Corny sounding lines that people just don't say in real life, and has plagued the Bond films ever since Maibaum left the series. From GE onwards, the scripts are littered with them.

I'm hoping SF will try and steer clear of these types of lines, but on evidence of the trailer, maybe not.

And as for this particular line sounding Fleming, I'm wondering whether Cornell has ever actually read a Fleming novel, because that line is nothing remotely like Fleming. I don't ever recall a line like that been uttered in the books.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I think the excuese will be that this is the type of line Fleming would be writing today. :roll:
katied

Post by katied »

Ian Fleming is spinning is his grave! :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: And as for this particular line sounding Fleming, I'm wondering whether Cornell has ever actually read a Fleming novel, because that line is nothing remotely like Fleming. I don't ever recall a line like that been uttered in the books.
I'm not including you in this, but that seems to be true of a lot of the people who insist that Craig's Bond marks a return to "Flemming" (as these alleged fans so often spell his name). In their parallel universe, "Flemming" wrote Bond as a cold-blooded psychopath who slits women's throats as they sleep and generally behaves suspiciously like a character from Call of Duty or some other ultra-violent video game.

As for Cornell, his Father's Day and Human Nature/Family of Blood are among my top 5 Nu Who episodes. I still can't wrap my head around a writer of that calibre praising such a clunky line of dialogue.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The official Bond Twitter account just tweeted "It's a wrap", but the link they provided turned out to be to one of their boring clapperboard pictures. I assume that means that shooting is now finished on Spyfail.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

This is not my idea, But it was pointed out that, Both Bond's mission "Skyfall" and
his family home "Skyfall lodge" share the same name, To quote Harry Hill
"What's the chances of that happening !" :lol:
Or is Bond now M's fafourite so he gets to name his Missions. :roll:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Thunderpussy wrote:This is not my idea, But it was pointed out that, Both Bond's mission "Skyfall" and
his family home "Skyfall lodge" share the same name, To quote Harry Hill
"What's the chances of that happening !" :lol:
Or is Bond now M's fafourite so he gets to name his Missions. :roll:
Craig's Bond always has missions named after him: do you remember Operation Lemon Lips in Quantum of Solace?
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos wrote:The official Bond Twitter account just tweeted "It's a wrap", but the link they provided turned out to be to one of their boring clapperboard pictures. I assume that means that shooting is now finished on Spyfail.
Yes. Note the clapperboard is for the second unit. The main unit had finished a few days earlier (There were stories earlier in the week about Craig had finished work, etc.)
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

He never started. The role has been vacant for 10 years,
katied

Post by katied »

Ugh, Twittering is the worst thing they could be doing.They could potentially post something that was spoiler-y, sending the fanboys into a frenzy. :cuss: