Tarantino hits out at Bond remake

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Gary Seven wrote:I'm not sure that Tarantino's vision was realisitic.

Why doesn't he make a 50/60's set Bond-style movie instead?
Might have something to do with who owns the rights to James Bond.
But furthermore I have yet to see in any of Tarantinos films anything to suggest he could make a Bond film.
I bet if he had of made CR, he would've cast himself as Felix Leiter. :lol:
Way too go Quentin. :P
In my opinon he's a has been. Two great films and little else to follow it up.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote: Might have something to do with who owns the rights to James Bond.
Gary said Bond-style movie, not Bond movie. He could do a 50's set spy movie starring Pierce Brosnan and give the spy a name other than James Bond and there's not a whole lot EON's lawyers could do about it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

Kristatos wrote:
Captain Nash wrote: Might have something to do with who owns the rights to James Bond.
Gary said Bond-style movie, not Bond movie. He could do a 50's set spy movie starring Pierce Brosnan and give the spy a name other than James Bond and there's not a whole lot EON's lawyers could do about it.
It would be funny though if Tarantino did a unofficial Bond film just to spite Eon :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

james stock wrote:It would be funny though if Tarantino did a unofficial Bond film just to spite Eon :lol:
He could do what he did with The Bride in Kill Bill (until the end of the movie) and not refer to the spy by name. I mean, it's not like EON have the copyright on tuxedos or vodka martinis, right?

"Goodbye Mr. (name obscured by sound effects)".
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

Yes - I meant that Taratino could make a tribute to the sixties Bond movie.

Now that Eon are making Bourne movies, maybe someone could make a traditional Bond style spy movie wth a handsome actor.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Gary Seven wrote:Yes - I meant that Taratino could make a tribute to the sixties Bond movie.

Now that Eon are making Bourne movies, maybe someone could make a traditional Bond style spy movie wth a handsome actor.
Meanwhile, the rest of planet earth await eagerly for Bond 22, with the superb Daniel Craig as Bond.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Sweeney wrote:
Gary Seven wrote:Yes - I meant that Taratino could make a tribute to the sixties Bond movie.

Meanwhile, the rest of planet earth await eagerly for Bond 22, with the superb Daniel Craig as Bond.
Change the record! Go and post in the Other Bond Actors and Movies Section for a bit you fanatic. :twisted: :twisted:
Bring back Bond!
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

carl stromberg wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Change the record! Go and post in the Other Bond Actors and Movies Section for a bit you fanatic. :twisted: :twisted:
I have done. Please can I come back in here to play now..... :cry:
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

The Sweeney wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

I have done. Please can I come back in here to play now..... :cry:
You should be OK Sweeney.......as long as you dont have blond or fair
hair...........otherwise they will crucify you! :wink: :wink: :wink: