James Bond and Moonraker 1979

Discussion & Review Forum For James Bond Novelizations Written By Christopher Wood (born November 5, 1935)
Goldeneye
Site Admin

James Bond and Moonraker 1979

Post by Goldeneye »

The screenplay of Moonraker differed so much from Ian Fleming's novel that EON Productions and Glidrose Publications authorised the film's screenwriter, Christopher Wood to write his second novelization based upon the film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: James Bond and Moonraker 1979

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:The screenplay of Moonraker differed so much from Ian Fleming's novel that EON Productions and Glidrose Publications authorised the film's screenwriter, Christopher Wood to write his second novelization based upon the film.
Been a long time since I read it, but as I recall, it was better than the film, in that it eliminated most of the silliness and read more like a straight Bond story.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Terry
Lieutenant

Post by Terry »

I'm suprised Wood didn't campaign for Robin Askwith to be Bond in the seventies.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Terry wrote:I'm suprised Wood didn't campaign for Robin Askwith to be Bond in the seventies.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Robin Askwith picture thread is now open for contributions. We've had a lot of demand for it so we thought we'd put it here.
Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: James Bond and Moonraker 1979

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:The screenplay of Moonraker differed so much from Ian Fleming's novel that EON Productions and Glidrose Publications authorised the film's screenwriter, Christopher Wood to write his second novelization based upon the film.
Been a long time since I read it, but as I recall, it was better than the film, in that it eliminated most of the silliness and read more like a straight Bond story.
As I recall them they were like the Doctor Who novelizations. Most of which were penned by Terrence Dicks :shock: :roll:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer