Last book you read

Fiction and Nonfiction Book Discussions and Reviews

Re: Last book you read

Postby kater23 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm

The Widows Of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey.It’s a mystery set in 1920’s India..the main character is a lady lawyer(say that 10 times fast!) who was the first of her kind(it’s based on a true story),in a society that discouraged such things.
The poster formerly known as Katied :)
kater23
Moneypenny

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:31 pm

I read a book from 1977 called The National Front by Martin Walker. It is about a big British right wing party - which had Nazi elements - which wanted to expel all non-white people. I rembered reading it in the 90s and enjoyed it, so when I saw it cheap I bought it.

But I found that when I read it it was not the same book I had read before. The book I had read was The National Front by Nigel Fielding published in 1981. This is more of a sociological study and the other book is more a journalistic account. In the Fielding book the author spent time with David McCalden, a young man from Northern Ireland. He was a holocaust denier. He moved to the southern Califonia, and offered a prize for anyone proving the holocaust. This was made into a film starring Leonard Nimoy as a Jewish man.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:20 pm

I'm reading Safe Quartered Out Here by Geirge MacDonald Fraser - a writer of the screenplay of Octopussy. It is a memoir of his time fighting in Burma in WW2.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby kater23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:05 pm

The new Stephen King-The Institute
The poster formerly known as Katied :)
kater23
Moneypenny

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Previous

Return to Books