Sebastian Faulks new Bond author

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Sebastian Faulks new Bond author

Post by 007 »

DEVIL MAY CARE, a novel written by British author Sebastian Faulks and authorized by the estate of the late Ian Fleming, is due to come out in 2008, the centennial of Fleming’s birth. According to the Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, Devil May Care is set during the Cold War and, like so many Bond adventures, moves about a variety of scenic locales.

Full Press Release: http://web.mac.com/zencato/iWeb/Young_B ... 4-0A84E9FF...
Oddjob
Lieutenant

Post by Oddjob »

This sounds more exciting than Raymond Benson :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That name sounds familiar. What else has he written?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

He wrote Charlotte Gray and a great book called The Fatal Englishman: Three Short lives. More info at the link below. Interestingly this will feature an older more mature Bond. Craig could do it as the final film of his trilogy. :wink: :P

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticN ... geNumber=1
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

It sounds like the author will give us the Bond of the original books. I especially like:

"A certain playfullness in the narrative details ..."

As most everybody knows, Fleming was the original tongue-in-cheeker. He never meant Bond to be taken super seriously. "Devil May Care" will have Bond in thrilling cities, beautiful women and snarling villains that are found only in Fu Manchu or Fleming stories, a small club. (Sorry, I couldn't resist the dig of boring everyday Bond villains :lol: )
You move very well for a dead man, Mr Bond
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

This should be quite good.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Commander 0077 wrote:It sounds like the author will give us the Bond of the original books. I especially like:

"A certain playfullness in the narrative details ..."

As most everybody knows, Fleming was the original tongue-in-cheeker. He never meant Bond to be taken super seriously. "Devil May Care" will have Bond in thrilling cities, beautiful women and snarling villains that are found only in Fu Manchu or Fleming stories, a small club. (Sorry, I couldn't resist the dig of boring everyday Bond villains :lol: )
I can't wait for this to come out too. Hopefully it will be something that follows closely from Fleming.

Regarding Bond villains, Fleming didn't always have extraordinary meglomaniac villains with metal hands. Apart from a 3rd nipple, Scaramanga was just a gun-for-hire, Grant just a sadistic murderer, Spangled Mob just a bunch of gangsters, etc.