Richard Armitage

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
quickstopnirvana
New Recruit

Richard Armitage

Post by quickstopnirvana »

He is a British actor currently in the BBC series Robin Hood (which is very good by the way) as Sir Guy of Gisbourne. He is also a badass. He looks more like the typical Bond, and is clearly better than Craig. The only thing is, I am not sure if he would be the BEST next Bond, just a good one. Can anyone think of a better idea?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content ... 00x400.jpg

That links to a picture of him as Gisbourne from Google Images.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Armitage was on a lot of next Bond polls prior to CR and has a pretty good look. I don't think he was ever seriously considered and I've never read anything about him testing. He should really be playing Robin Hood in that current BBC series not the secondary villain.

"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Alot of decent young actor they could have gone with. I might have actually been fascinated with a young Bond (26-30). Too bad they gave us Craig's spy and a rehash of every hollywood action flick.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Just as long as Dawn French is not a Bond girl. :twisted:

It will be interesting to see how Armitage's career develops. I think he would be a spendid James Bond.