No votes
Sam Worthington
3%

Total votes: 33

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Poll: Your choice for next the next 007

Post by Goldeneye »

A lot of good names have been suggested in this forum for Bond alternatives.

Regardless of your opinion of Daniel Craig who would be your choice for the next Bond?
All names in our poll were either contenders for the role or have had their names thrown into the hat by Bond fans.

We will add more names as they are suggested.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Christian Bale, although that is most likely not gonna happen. I can't see the rest get consideration, they're all either too baby face looking (Cavill) or will be too old by the end of Craig's tenure (Owen).

Besides, I really wouldn't even focus on who will the next Bond this early, esspecially since someone else we don't know now might pop up in five to nine years and get the role.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I voted for Bale, even though it ain't gonna happen (I think it'll be one of the other candidates from the previous screen test, namely Worthington or Cavill). I backed Purefoy for CR, but he will be too old by the time Daniel Craig finishes his run. I was converted to the Bale camp by the photo of him that someone posted here next to Ian Fleming's conceptual sketch of Bond.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

I voted for Christian Bale, i dont he ever will be Bond though. I think Purefoy would be a good choice too :D
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I going to vote for Butler. I've seen alot I like about him recently. Bale is a close second. I don't think Owen was ever really interested.
Karl Urban is a interesting actor, I didn' realize he was in Broune 2 and the Two Towers.
Sam Worthington had the job at one point, i think :?

We don't know how long Craig will stay, he's already got itchy feet. You never know there may be a producer someplace with a diabolical plan to steal Craig away and get the publicity for it.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

Dr. No wrote:I going to vote for Butler. I've seen alot I like about him recently. Bale is a close second. I don't think Owen was ever really interested.
Karl Urban is a interesting actor, I didn' realize he was in Broune 2 and the Two Towers.

We don't know how long Craig will stay, he's already got itchy feet. You never know there may be a producer someplace with a diabolical plan to steal Craig away and get the publicity for it.
What about Jason Isaacs as Bond, he kind of reminds me of Dalton, we know he can do villany well but i dont think i have ever seen him as an out and out good guy, he looks the part too : :)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

james stock wrote:What about Jason Isaacs as Bond, he kind of reminds me of Dalton, we know he can do villany well but i dont think i have ever seen him as an out and out good guy, he looks the part too : :)
Interesting choice, one which wouldn't have occurred to me. I think he could pull it off, he has a chameleon quality to him. He was unrecognisable in his dual role in Peter Pan from his turn as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

Kristatos wrote:
james stock wrote:What about Jason Isaacs as Bond, he kind of reminds me of Dalton, we know he can do villany well but i dont think i have ever seen him as an out and out good guy, he looks the part too : :)
Interesting choice, one which wouldn't have occurred to me. I think he could pull it off, he has a chameleon quality to him. He was unrecognisable in his dual role in Peter Pan from his turn as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.
Yeah my wife thought he was exactly how he was described in the Harry Potter books terrific actor, looking at the artists impression of Bond he slightly resembles Issacs. What do you think Kristatos? :)
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

Kristatos wrote:
Incedently Kristatos he plays a James Bond type character in the Jackie Chan film The Tuxedo. The film is one of Jackies lesser films but isaacs is quite good in a small part.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

james stock wrote:
Dr. No wrote:I going to vote for Butler. I've seen alot I like about him recently. Bale is a close second. I don't think Owen was ever really interested.

What about Jason Isaacs as Bond, he kind of reminds me of Dalton, we know he can do villany well but i dont think i have ever seen him as an out and out good guy, he looks the part too : :)
I like it. I like it a lot!
He does remind of Dalton :) Hes been in so many things
The Patriot, Armageddon, Soldier, Harry Potter, Dragonheart with Connery.
Moore
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: TSWLM
TWINE
FRWL
DAD

Post by Moore »

I voted fo Jackman, what shouldn't be a sruprice. He is handsom, have a sense of humour and is a great actor as well.
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

Give Cavill a go. Although he may be too big for Bond soon.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

My vote is for Bale but I can't see him jumping from one franchise to another. Now that Babara is in charge I dread to think who is next!
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

007 wrote:My vote is for Bale but I can't see him jumping from one franchise to another. Now that Babara is in charge I dread to think who is next!
My vote was for Bale too. Like everyone else said I can't see him getting the role as Babs will probably go for.......

Image :roll:
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Poll: Your choice for next the next 007

Post by carl stromberg »

How about a new poll: "Who do you want to play Bond in the next Bond film?".
Bring back Bond!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Fine by me what do the rest of you think? The topic seem to come up pretty often on the forum.
X3C
Lieutenant

Post by X3C »

I remember seeing James Bond in a Batman Movie... Batman Begins & the Black Night? Dark Night?

Bale Bond. Christian Bale.

But with Craig as EON's standard for choosing an actor for Bond. Patrick Kilpatrick is a top candidate.

:007:

You probably will remember him as a prominent villain in generic action movies during the 90's.
James Bond: NOT just another action hero.

I'll skip Bond 23 & wait for:

Bond is on an indefinite leave, He'll Be Back.
poetessdawn
New Recruit

Post by poetessdawn »

ALEX O'LOUGHLIN

JASON O'MARA

DOMINIC PURCELL
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Welcome to the forum poetessdawn!

I took the liberty of adding photos for your suggestions. :)
poetessdawn wrote:ALEX O'LOUGHLIN

JASON O'MARA
DOMINIC PURCELL
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think O'Mara has the best look of those three, but sadly, I don't think he's a very good actor. I consider him the weakest link in the American version of Life on Mars, which I generally liked and which otherwise had a very good cast. He's no John Simm (not that I would consider Simm as a potential Bond for a minute, I just mean that he's a much more interesting actor to watch).