Karl Urban
3%
Goran Visnjic
No votes
Sam Worthington
3%

Total votes: 33

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Poll: Your choice for next the next 007

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
A Crag-like face wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Perhaps Paul Hogan should be the next James Bond. :lol: :mrgreen:
FBF, what's with the current obsession with Paul Hogan, out of curiousity? I mean, I enjoyed his Dundee movies a lot, but he's well past his prime (and LOOKS well past his prime too, which is more important).
You're quite new here. You'll soon learn that once an idea amuses FBF, he'll post the same joke over and over and over and over again. Before Hogan it was Jerry Sadowitz as Bond, and before that it was Carrot Top and before that it was Steven Seagal.
The Carrot Top as Bond idea is rather a serious one along with Blue Man Group as Bond. That's only Bond 23 grosses higher than both CR and QOS at the box office (especially here in the US) and/or receive recognition from high profile American movie awards.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Purefoy is the only name on that list i'd want to see as Bond and about 10 - 12 years ago, he would have made a fantastic Bond. Alas at 48, he a bit old to begin now. As for who should clean up after Craig, I don't see any name that scream Bond to me.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Purefoy is the only name on that list i'd want to see as Bond and about 10 - 12 years ago, he would have made a fantastic Bond. Alas at 48, he a bit old to begin now. As for who should clean up after Craig, I don't see any name that scream Bond to me.
That is an old poll, though. All the names on it are people who were being talked about as Bond round about the time of CR's release.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Ah, I see.

What does everyone think of James D'Arcy?

Not only is he in the traditional look of Bond, but he stands at 6' 3" tall. He'll be 39 while Bond#24 goes into production.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

At this stage I'd take anyone over DC. :cry:
There are so many good actors out there, yet they chose, ....................................................... :roll:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Purefoy is the only name on that list i'd want to see as Bond and about 10 - 12 years ago, he would have made a fantastic Bond. Alas at 48, he a bit old to begin now. As for who should clean up after Craig, I don't see any name that scream Bond to me.
That is an old poll, though. All the names on it are people who were being talked about as Bond round about the time of CR's release.
We need a new next Bond poll.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, But I really like M Fassbender. Watched him in Haywire
and thought he was more of what Bond looked like in the novels, as opposed to a muscle bound
doorman Craig.
It's always fun to see other's thoughts on possible new Bonds. :martini:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, But I really like M Fassbender. Watched him in Haywire
and thought he was more of what Bond looked like in the novels, as opposed to a muscle bound
doorman Craig.
It's always fun to see other's thoughts on possible new Bonds. :martini:
I don't mind him, but I prefer someone born in the 1980s to be Bond.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

DAN STEVENS.
Last edited by ml94 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Ah, I see.

What does everyone think of James D'Arcy?

Not only is he in the traditional look of Bond, but he stands at 6' 3" tall. He'll be 39 while Bond#24 goes into production.
LITTLE too old when PUTIN (craig) is done.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Stevens is on the radar... :007:
Last edited by ml94 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

ml94 wrote:MY TOP 4...HENRY CAVILL, RUPERT FRIEND, JAMIE DORNAN, TOM CULLEN.
Based on the madness brought upon by Babs, you can forget it.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
ml94 wrote:MY TOP 4...HENRY CAVILL, RUPERT FRIEND, JAMIE DORNAN, TOM CULLEN.
Based on the madness brought upon by Babs, you can forget it.
Henry was Wilsons & Campbells choice back in 05...F#CK YOU BABS! :cuss:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Goran Višnjić comes from my country. :lol: :lol: My dad remembers when they talked about how he might be the next James Bond and I just started to laugh...he would be the first Croatian Bond. Of course,he was never a serious candidate that was just a buzz.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:Goran Višnjić comes from my country. :lol: :lol: My dad remembers when they talked about how he might be the next James Bond and I just started to laugh...he would be the first Croatian Bond. Of course,he was never a serious candidate that was just a buzz.
He was in ER, & he made screentest back in 05...ACCENT was biggest problem. :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Goran Višnjić comes from my country. :lol: :lol: My dad remembers when they talked about how he might be the next James Bond and I just started to laugh...he would be the first Croatian Bond. Of course,he was never a serious candidate that was just a buzz.
He was in ER, & he made screentest back in 05...ACCENT was biggest problem. :007:
Well,of course he can't pull of british accent.Well,anyway.05' was the year we we should have been expecting Brosnan's Bond movie not discussion which actor would be the next Bond.Seriously,I dont know what I would tell Babs if I ever saw her.Probably somehting along the lines:"Oh,I love James Bond.He's so tall and dark and handsome and charismatic and sophisticated.You can really believe he could seduce an evaluator and a doctor to get a clean bill.OH,wait,that was the REAL James Bond." that's about it.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Well,of course he can't pull of british accent.Well,anyway.05' was the year we we should have been expecting Brosnan's Bond movie not discussion which actor would be the next Bond.Seriously,I dont know what I would tell Babs if I ever saw her.Probably somehting along the lines:"Oh,I love James Bond.He's so tall and dark and handsome and charismatic and sophisticated.You can really believe he could seduce an evaluator and a doctor to get a clean bill.OH,wait,that was the REAL James Bond." that's about it.
Yeah, Barbara is the biggest problem.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
I mean,she tells Pierce how he would do another Bond movie and then suddenly she changes her ind and DOESN'T even tell him personally.He found out from his agent.I mean,that is just beyond disgraceful.It's like Barbara saw Craig on the screen,fell in love and then just had to made him playing the hero that her father practically created on the big screen.Well,Connery did but...you get the point.And she turned that hero into British version of Bourne.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
I mean,she tells Pierce how he would do another Bond movie and then suddenly she changes her ind and DOESN'T even tell him personally.He found out from his agent.I mean,that is just beyond disgraceful.It's like Barbara saw Craig on the screen,fell in love and then just had to made him playing the hero that her father practically created on the big screen.Well,Connery did but...you get the point.And she turned that hero into British version of Bourne.
Yeah.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Last BOND movie released 13 years ago (2002), i was 8 year old at the time now im 20... :twisted: