Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Captain Jack James Bond

Post by Blowfeld »

"Later on he mentions that he once auditioned for the role of James Bond, and was told to come back in ten years’ time.

“That was five years ago, but before I came out,” he explains. “An American audience might just about stomach a blond Bond [Daniel Craig] but not a gay Bond. But you know what? Russell T. Davies has written a complete action hero that’s iconic, and kids love him, and mums, and dads, and gay men and women. And I’m completely content.”
Captain Jack's back
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Captain Jack James Bond

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote:“That was five years ago, but before I came out,” he explains. “An American audience might just about stomach a blond Bond [Daniel Craig] but not a gay Bond.
Gay Bond or gay actor playing Bond? I agree that for Bond to suddenly come out would be a startling development, to say the least, but I don't see what difference an actor's personal life makes to his ability to play Bond.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Gary Seven
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Gary Seven »

If an actor was gay, I don't think it would affect his ability to be Bond. Perhaps the illusion would be spoilt for some people if they knew the actor was playing Bond was gay.

I think he could play Bond, but he would not be my first choice.

I believe Craig is popular amongst the gay community.
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

Gary Seven wrote:If an actor was gay, I don't think it would affect his ability to be Bond. Perhaps the illusion would be spoilt for some people if they knew the actor was playing Bond was gay.

A gay Bond doing a love scene with a women? It would be very camp, but any grounding in reality would be thrown out the window. Imagine gay 'Bond' in bed with Solitaire, and he looks out the window at some beach boy with mussels (note Blofeld's lines in DAF about impotent beach boys :o ).

"James! What are you looking at?"

"Just reflecting where I'll be in 24 hours, darling."
You move very well for a dead man, Mr Bond
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

Gary Seven wrote:If an actor was gay, I don't think it would affect his ability to be Bond. Perhaps the illusion would be spoilt for some people if they knew the actor was playing Bond was gay.

A gay Bond doing a love scene with a women? It would be very camp, but any grounding in reality would be thrown out the window. Imagine gay 'Bond' in bed with Solitaire, and he looks out the window at some beach boy with mussels (note Blofeld's lines in DAF about impotent beach boys :o ).

Also, being a mankiller would change Bond's mission :idea:

"Just reflecting where I'll be in 24 hours, darling."
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Commander 0077 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

Skywalker wrote:
Commander 0077 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
:? It would make a good film title
MANKILLER
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Commander 0077 wrote:A gay Bond doing a love scene with a women? It would be very camp, but any grounding in reality would be thrown out the window. Imagine gay 'Bond' in bed with Solitaire, and he looks out the window at some beach boy with muscles (note Blofeld's lines in DAF about impotent beach boys :o ).
So when Craig does a love scene, do you think "I bet he's really thinking about Sienna Miller"? What about all the other Bond actors who were married or in long-term relationships? An actor is not his character.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Kristatos wrote:
Commander 0077 wrote:A gay Bond doing a love scene with a women? It would be very camp, but any grounding in reality would be thrown out the window. Imagine gay 'Bond' in bed with Solitaire, and he looks out the window at some beach boy with muscles (note Blofeld's lines in DAF about impotent beach boys :o ).
So when Craig does a love scene, do you think "I bet he's really thinking about Sienna Miller"? What about all the other Bond actors who were married or in long-term relationships? An actor is not his character.
It's surprising how many actors and actresses are so like their characters.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Skywalker wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
It's surprising how many actors and actresses are so like their characters.
Unfortunately it's not acting. Thinking of Jeff Goldblum here ;) Same role eveyr movie, same way of talking, over and over. ANd he is not a alone and he is not the worse offender.

To me I don't care. Making Bond gay would be wrong. But the actor, himself in his personal life, couldn't care less. Didn't they dismisses jackman because he was too "fey"? For crying out loud this is wolverine we're talking about, so what if he is, and I not saying he is so nobody get made at me, but if he was would it matter to how he would play the role. Not one bit. Tom cruise has rumor following him for over 10 years now and he only lost his female audience when he went nuts attacking Brook whats her name. Maybe an openly gay actor would hurt the illusion the female fans have? I remember people being upset when pierce did some role they thought "damaged the Bond image".
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:
I'd like to think he is thinking about his girlfriend Satsuki. :twisted: