BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors

Re: BOND #7

Postby Veronica » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 pm

dirtybenny wrote:I'm certainly not saying EON, Babz, et.al. are the "keepers of the Bond flame" and no other could do better. What I am saying is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. To think that Apple, Amazon etc. are some sort of panacea is a bit naive. They have no loyalties, so they have no reason to follow the template. Not to mention these are some very liberal companies steeped in the SJW lifestyle. If anyone were to deliver a Bond so far off track it would make Craig look like Moore these companies would be it.



Well said. But then again what are the chances that Barbara is suddenly going to become terribly nostalgic after spending a decade gushing about Craig and his un-Bond like potrayal? I'd love to say they are pretty good but evidence says the contrary.
Veronica
Agent
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 am

Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:I'm certainly not saying EON, Babz, et.al. are the "keepers of the Bond flame" and no other could do better. What I am saying is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. To think that Apple, Amazon etc. are some sort of panacea is a bit naive. They have no loyalties, so they have no reason to follow the template. Not to mention these are some very liberal companies steeped in the SJW lifestyle. If anyone were to deliver a Bond so far off track it would make Craig look like Moore these companies would be it.



Well said. But then again what are the chances that Barbara is suddenly going to become terribly nostalgic after spending a decade gushing about Craig and his un-Bond like potrayal? I'd love to say they are pretty good but evidence says the contrary.


But just because Babs feels terribly nostalgic doesn't mean she'll cast the next Bond who is a traditional tall and dark-haired type.
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby tbp82 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:I'm certainly not saying EON, Babz, et.al. are the "keepers of the Bond flame" and no other could do better. What I am saying is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. To think that Apple, Amazon etc. are some sort of panacea is a bit naive. They have no loyalties, so they have no reason to follow the template. Not to mention these are some very liberal companies steeped in the SJW lifestyle. If anyone were to deliver a Bond so far off track it would make Craig look like Moore these companies would be it.



Well said. But then again what are the chances that Barbara is suddenly going to become terribly nostalgic after spending a decade gushing about Craig and his un-Bond like potrayal? I'd love to say they are pretty good but evidence says the contrary.


But just because Babs feels terribly nostalgic doesn't mean she'll cast the next Bond who is a traditional tall and dark-haired type.


How important is that. Moore wasn't dark haired.....I've seen Dan Stevens suggested here as he isn't "dark haired"....Don't get me wrong Id prefer the Aidan Tuner type over the Daniel Craig type anyday but Im not gonna let hair color ruin Bond for me.
tbp82
Commander
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: BOND #7

Postby Omega » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:25 pm

I don’t think Craig’s hair color was the problem with his casting it the rest of him and the ideas he’s supports


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:29 am

tbp82 wrote:Don't get me wrong Id prefer the Aidan Tuner type over the Daniel Craig type anyday but Im not gonna let hair color ruin Bond for me.


What if the next James Bond is bald or has a ponytail?
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby tbp82 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

FormerBondFan wrote:
tbp82 wrote:Don't get me wrong Id prefer the Aidan Tuner type over the Daniel Craig type anyday but Im not gonna let hair color ruin Bond for me.


What if the next James Bond is bald or has a ponytail?


I stated "hair color" not lack of hair or hairstyle which are two completely different things.
tbp82
Commander
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: BOND #7

Postby Omega » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 am

Connery is bald.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:59 am

Omega wrote:Connery is bald.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


But Sir Sean wore a toupee.
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am

tbp82 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
tbp82 wrote:Don't get me wrong Id prefer the Aidan Tuner type over the Daniel Craig type anyday but Im not gonna let hair color ruin Bond for me.


What if the next James Bond is bald or has a ponytail?


I stated "hair color" not lack of hair or hairstyle which are two completely different things.


But you're the MISSING the point here. What I'm saying is what IF the next Bond looks less like the Bond grew with? Ginger Bond, bald Bond, Bond with a ponytail, Bond with an eye-patch, etc.?
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby Kristatos » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:35 am

I think we can cross that bridge when and if we come to it. I thought you wanted Bond to be like that, because casting someone like Aidan Turner would be an insult to Pierce or something.
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10555
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 am

Kristatos wrote:I think we can cross that bridge when and if we come to it. I thought you wanted Bond to be like that, because casting someone like Aidan Turner would be an insult to Pierce or something.


You're missing the point here. I never said Aidan as Bond would be a insult to Pierce. What's saying is that with Babs still around as producer for many years in to comes, James Bond is dead as far as the traditional Bond actor is concerned. Look! If Babs thinks she's going to get away with everything she did, you know what? Go ahead. Cast a ginger Bond. If a Craig Bond can break records and inspire future classics (like what OHMSS did for Inception which we all enjoy), why not a Bond film starring a buff or a short ginger hair actor? Craig doing his 5th Bond equals death to the series. I don't mean dead as failed at the box office and/or got bad reviews. I mean dead as the franchise is becoming a shell of its former shell yet still manages to brainwash the general public. I'm telling you. That b1tch is always up to something, and I know it. I'm not saying to support it but rather to give you guys a warning. Again, we can still treasure the franchise's first 40 years with 20 films and 5 classic Bond actors, but to root for the classic Bond actor is a just a waste of time. Bond is damaged beyond repair. If I want a classic Bond actor back, Babs needs to be overthrown and replaced by MGW's kids. If you think you're going to trust Babs again, you may as well add Craig Bond films into your collection. Otherwise, just destroy Craig Bonds and post it online.
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby dirtybenny » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Personally I don't care what Bond looks like (within reason), Craig's appearance has been a problem but certainly not THE problem since his casting. I don't care if the next Bond is ginger, bald or black so long as we return to the classic Bond that set the standard we all know and love. If you are waiting for MGW's children to be your saviors, don't hold your breath, else you'll pass out from lack of oxygen. A copy is never as sharp as the original and a copy of a copy is even worse. As Babz was to Cubby, MGW Jr. will be to Babz, who do you thing is teaching them every thing they know? So to "wait until the B!tch is gone" as FBF so eloquently ( :roll: ) states is pointless, no one is anymore likely to do an about face than Babz is, let's just hope she does.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
User avatar
dirtybenny
Single O
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Location: SFPD HQ
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: BOND #7

Postby Kristatos » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:16 pm

FormerBondFan wrote:
You're missing the point here. I never said Aidan as Bond would be a insult to Pierce. What's saying is that with Babs still around as producer for many years in to comes, James Bond is dead as far as the traditional Bond actor is concerned.


Maybe, maybe not. If it's true that she was in talks with Turner (among others) then it's clear that her casting someone like him is a possibility. But every time a story like that comes up, you post in here that "Turner (or whoever) is too good for Babs, he should stay the hell away from Bond". It's like you don't *want* Bond to be good again. I have been critical of Babbzy, but I would be happy if she made a decision I approved of, whereas you give the impression that it would be like heaping burning coals upon your head.
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10555
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: BOND #7

Postby Omega » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 pm

At this rate andy serkis maybe the next Bond, by that I mean motion capture with cgi Connery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: BOND #7

Postby FormerBondFan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 pm

dirtybenny wrote:So to "wait until the B!tch is gone" as FBF so eloquently ( :roll: ) states is pointless, no one is anymore likely to do an about face than Babz is, let's just hope she does.


I never said Babs will go done that easily, which is why it's a waste of time to hope for the traditional looking Bond actor to return. She's nothing more than a Vince McMahon wannabe control freak dictator.
Image
User avatar
FormerBondFan
008
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Southern CA
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: BOND #7

Postby tbp82 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:22 pm

FormerBondFan wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:So to "wait until the B!tch is gone" as FBF so eloquently ( :roll: ) states is pointless, no one is anymore likely to do an about face than Babz is, let's just hope she does.


I never said Babs will go done that easily, which is why it's a waste of time to hope for the traditional looking Bond actor to return. She's nothing more than a Vince McMahon wannabe control freak dictator.


What is a traditional looking Bond actor? We've had Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig and none of them looked alike. When you are reading a Bond novel or someone says the name James Bond or if you have the talent (I don't) and someone asked you to draw James Bond what would you draw? Id argue there isn't a consensus on what Bond should look like. Look at the conversations within this thread. I've suggested that Jack Huston would make a good Bond while Veronica here think he looks like a villian. It's interesting you brought up Vince Mcmahon because I can see you reacting to the next Bond like the wrestling geeks are reacting now. They begged for years for someone to take John Cena's spot and now they have a replacement and they are still whining. Im starting to think that you might have that same reaction to whoever is cast after Craig whether that's Dan Stevens or Henry Cavill or Aidan Turner, or Rupert Friend and the list goes on and on. I hope your concerns are valid but sometimes I wonder if you are whining just to whine.
tbp82
Commander
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: BOND #7

Postby Veronica » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:34 pm

FormerBondFan wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:So to "wait until the B!tch is gone" as FBF so eloquently ( :roll: ) states is pointless, no one is anymore likely to do an about face than Babz is, let's just hope she does.


I never said Babs will go done that easily, which is why it's a waste of time to hope for the traditional looking Bond actor to return. She's nothing more than a Vince McMahon wannabe control freak dictator.


If it's a waste of time then I don't know what are we all doing here. It's better to hope for something than just repeating how Bond is over once and for all and how we shouldn't wait for anything better just because you don't.
Veronica
Agent
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: BOND #7

Postby tbp82 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Veronica wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:So to "wait until the B!tch is gone" as FBF so eloquently ( :roll: ) states is pointless, no one is anymore likely to do an about face than Babz is, let's just hope she does.


I never said Babs will go done that easily, which is why it's a waste of time to hope for the traditional looking Bond actor to return. She's nothing more than a Vince McMahon wannabe control freak dictator.


If it's a waste of time then I don't know what are we all doing here. It's better to hope for something than just repeating how Bond is over once and for all and how we shouldn't wait for anything better just because you don't.


Exactly!!!!!
tbp82
Commander
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: BOND #7

Postby Kristatos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 pm

tbp82 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:What is a traditional looking Bond actor? We've had Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig and none of them looked alike.

Alike, no, but with the exception of Craig and possibly Moore, similar enough to be identifiable as a "type". The fact that Babs pushed for Sean Bean instead of Pierce, and then cast Craig, shows that she has a type too: blond bits of rough. So FBF may be right that she is unlikely to cast a Turner or a Cavill. But I'm curious as to how he would react if she did.
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10555
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: BOND #7

Postby Veronica » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:05 pm

If Barbara loves blondes with brutish quality,that's her preference and everybody has one. But she should leave that preference aside when casting Bond.
Veronica
Agent
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

PreviousNext

Return to Bond Alternatives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron