BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: BOND #7

Post by ml94 »

John Drake wrote:Image

It could work to Rupert Friend's advantage that he's flying under the radar of next Bond speculation and names bandied around.
Turner met the producers, not bad thing either... :007:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND: SHUT UP ABOUT IT.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

ml94 wrote:FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND: SHUT UP ABOUT IT.
Openly lobbying for it like Hiddleston and now Cavill is probably not a good idea, but if the story about Turner meeting with producers is true, it was presumably at their request.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Kristatos wrote:
ml94 wrote:FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND: SHUT UP ABOUT IT.
Openly lobbying for it like Hiddleston and now Cavill is probably not a good idea, but if the story about Turner meeting with producers is true, it was presumably at their request.
"producers FLY poldark star to LA".
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Friend & Turner are peoples TV favourite, like Moore & Brosnan were. :cig: :martini: :db5: :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

If Turner wants it he should sign because if Team Downton shows up for a screentest Dan Stevens and Tom Cullen his chances diminish.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Interesting article from 2013 with Turner called a possible "unorthodox" choice for Bond.

http://www.alternative007.co.uk/215.htm
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

There were a couple of April Fool Bond stories yesterday, with one outlet saying that Andrew Lincoln had been given the part and another saying that it had gone to Olivia Colman!
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Interesting article from 2013 with Turner called a possible "unorthodox" choice for Bond.

http://www.alternative007.co.uk/215.htm
"has just the right mischievous glint in his eye for the less serious bond moments".
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Saw some commercials for The Night Manager as it will be starting here in the states soon. (Next Tuesday). The Night Manager is considered Tom HIddleston's James Bond "Screen Test".
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

tbp82 wrote:Saw some commercials for The Night Manager as it will be starting here in the states soon. (Next Tuesday). The Night Manager is considered Tom HIddleston's James Bond "Screen Test".
I didn't watch it, but someone on another forum said that there were more than a few similarities with the plot of LTK, albeit at a much more leisurely pace.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Despite the fact that I don't think Hiddleston is as serious a contender for the role that the media is making him out to be. I will be watching it to see Hiddlestons Bond potential. He looked the part in the commercial clips.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

I can't see Huddleston as bond. May Check out this series anyway to see if it changes my mind.

Btw how did layer cake become Craigs screen test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I can't see Huddleston as bond. May Check out this series anyway to see if it changes my mind.

Basically, babbzy@aol.com saw it and fell in love.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:I can't see Huddleston as bond. May Check out this series anyway to see if it changes my mind.

Basically, babbzy@aol.com saw it and fell in love.
obviously she saw the love of her life, being beaten up by the guy from Star Trek and had to ride to his rescue.

As a genre film it's (LC) I guess is OK, as this is the film that makes the case for Craig?!
I never saw a case there. Probably be a better movie without Craig. Always thought it was weird how early on in the spin his fanboy eon for ever army were saying how intelligent Craigs bond was, ok they had to trash 40 years of actors and film to build him up but big deal right, partisan pro production studio crap I get that, I don't get just how does anyone see a Mensa member when they watch Craigs gym bunny bond?
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Layer Cake shows Craig in a suit. Shows Craig making a Bondish gun type point and shows Craig in the effortlessly cool type role at times. Craig shows off a confident cocky walk as well.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I disagree about effortless cool or confident walk. The guy from chuck had better screen test if that's all you need

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He gives exactly the same performance in Layer Cake that he does as Bond. But it works a lot better in Layer Cake, because his character is a small-time hood playing at being James Bond. It's like promoting the world air guitar champion to lead guitarist in (insert the name of your favourite stadium rock band).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

May be my disconnect with it I saw it after cr. So it was the same nonbond doing more none bond things.

tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

After watching Night Manager episode 1...So far I like it and as far as Hiddleston as Bond goes not bad. Doesn't convince me hes a better candidate than a Turner or Friend. Much like Turner's role in In then there were none I have to ask is it Hiddleston thats showing his potential as James Bond or is it the character? Would a Dan Stevens in The Night Manager bring up Bond thoughts the same as Hiddleston?